- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh. Magdalena Stănculescu
- Teaching Staff:
- Teaching language:
- Learning outcomes:
- - Further experimentation of the INTEGRATED training system between architecture, urban planning, restoration, technical sciences, architectural technology
- Practising design in a multidisciplinary design team, in a system that simulates the usual professional practice
- Deepening the ability of identification and prioritization of the design parameters that influence the design process
- Acquiring a theoretical approach, well based for the preparation and drawing up of their own design themes
- The completion of all phases of study, in order to finalize a complex architectural project: from the concept and context to the architectural expression
- Analysis of the dialogue between tradition, identity, performant technology and sustainability
- Development of the intuitive skills of the students for materializing the unity of expression and style in architecture
- Field of Study: (PROJECT) FUTURE CHALLENGES
A. GUIDED PROJECT
Project with a theme created in the urban study phase (SP5-4).
B. LECTURES ON THE THEORY OF THE PROJECT
As part of the design studio activity tutors will deliver theoretical lectures with topics according to current architectural project: revitalization-conversion-regeneration, urban and architectural sustainability, urban image, architectural complexity.
The lectures will be delivered both for the design studio group and for the students of the entire year of study.
- Teaching Method:
- Theoretical lectures, checking each student’s project, comments on the project in which the entire group takes part, project workbook.
- Project workbook, study team overview of the urban planning project, individual overview of the architectural project, the jury will give a grade.
- LEACH, Neil - 'Rethinking Architecture', Ed. Routledge, Londra,1997, 'Camouflage', MIT Press, Cambridge,2006
AYNRONINO,Aldo+MOSCO,Valerio Paolo -Contemporary Public Space, Un-volumetric Arch.-Skira,2006
TSCHUMI, Bernard - The state of architecture at the beginning of the 21st century,The Monacelli Press, 2003
KOOLHAAS, Rem, MAU, Bruce - S, M, L, XL, Monacelli Press , New York, 1995
ZEIDLER, Ebergard - Multi-Use Architecture in the Urban Context, Van Nostrand reinhold, Ny 1995
EISENMAN, Peter -Blurred Zones – Investigations of the Interstitial, The Monacelli Press, New – York, 2003
HOLL, Steven - Urbanism: Working with Doubt, Princeton Architectural Press, 2009