- History & Theory of Architecture and Heritage Conservation
- Course Leader:
- conf. Ștefan Bâlici
- Teaching Staff:
- conf. dr. Adrian Crăciunescu, lect. dr. Irina Iamandescu, lect. dr. Gabriel Panasiu, asist. dr. Irina Băncescu, asist. dr. Alexandra Teodor, asist. dr. arh. Diana Mihnea, asist. dr. arh. Irina Calotă-Popescu, dr. arh.-ing. Cătălin Andrei Neagoe
- Learning outcomes:
Awareness about and exercise for the proper use of measurement techniques in building survey.
Building survey: definition and purpose
Topography, general principles and specific use in architecture
Direct measurement in architecture
Interpretation of building measured drawing
Building measured drawing
Rules and guidelines in measured drawing
- Teaching Method:
- Guide to Recording Historic Buildings. ICOMOS, London-Boston: Butterworth Architecture, 1990.
- Paul Bryan, Bill Blake, Jon Bedford, Metric Survey Specifications for Cultural Heritage. Swindon: English Heritage, 2009.
- Rand Eppich, Amel Chabbi (eds.), Recording, Documentation, and Information Management for the Conservation of Heritage Places: Vol. II, Illustrated Examples. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 2007.
- David M. Jones (ed.), 3D Laser Scanning for Heritage (second edition), Advice and guidance to users on laser scanning in archaeology and architecture. Swindon: English Heritage, 2011.
- John King (ed.), Understanding Historic Buildings. A guide to good recording practice. Swindon: English Heritage, 2006.
- Robin Letellier, Werner Schmid, François LeBlanc, Recording, Documentation, and Information Management for the Conservation of Heritage Places: Vol. I, Guiding Principles. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 2007.