Awareness about and exercise for the proper use of measurement techniques in building survey.
Building survey: definition and purpose
Topography, general principles and specific use in architecture
Direct measurement in architecture
Interpretation of building measured drawing
Building measured drawing
Rules and guidelines in measured drawing
- Guide to Recording Historic Buildings. ICOMOS, London-Boston: Butterworth Architecture, 1990.
- Paul Bryan, Bill Blake, Jon Bedford, Metric Survey Specifications for Cultural Heritage. Swindon: English Heritage, 2009.
- Rand Eppich, Amel Chabbi (eds.), Recording, Documentation, and Information Management for the Conservation of Heritage Places: Vol. II, Illustrated Examples. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 2007.
- David M. Jones (ed.), 3D Laser Scanning for Heritage (second edition), Advice and guidance to users on laser scanning in archaeology and architecture. Swindon: English Heritage, 2011.
- John King (ed.), Understanding Historic Buildings. A guide to good recording practice. Swindon: English Heritage, 2006.
- Robin Letellier, Werner Schmid, François LeBlanc, Recording, Documentation, and Information Management for the Conservation of Heritage Places: Vol. I, Guiding Principles. Los Angeles: The Getty Conservation Institute, 2007.