The Faculty of Urbanism / Landscape Design and Planning
UP-94 | License Foundations
Department: Urban and Landscape Design
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.urb Andreea Necșulescu
- Teaching Staff:
- Secția Amenajarea și Planificarea Peisajului, Departamentul Proiectare Urbană și Peisagistică, din Facultatea de Urbanism. /
Urban and Landscape Design Department; Urban and Territorial Planning Faculty.
- Learning outcomes:
- Urban and landscape design / Prediploma Project is de fundament of future Diploma Project and it’s being focused on a study of a complex urban and landscape area, free or released from an urban setting with high difficulty. The survey is conducted on a large scale and at the level of urban and landscape macro- and mezzo-landscape and its theme concerns the future development of a green major areas, with big importance to the urban scale. Content will include both pieces drawn and written parts (memory) / models.
- Content / topic of this project is to support and argumentation urban and landscape design approach (both collectively and individually), from planning and territorial analysis, to detailed urban and landscape design. The project is carried out in several phases, and especially the detail will be in accordance with all detailed project area, in a integrated scale, so that proposals to address a common strategy. The project has several successive phases, linked in a logical suite that integrates addressing urban planning and landscape architecture, urban and landscape linked to the site for the study.
- Teaching Method:
- Direct guidance with Prediploma tutor(s) and assistant(s). It is based on knowledge gained from theoretical and practical disciplines teached in previous years, on the presentation of case studies similar in coverage and urban scale as well as on the individual bibliographic study, workshop discussions and individual corrections, critics at the panel, and net portal web as a virtual group exchange of ideas between students, teamwork extended or restricted, but also individually.
- By assessing the parts (draw and write)/models developed collectively, individually, evaluation of ongoing and completed work assessing supervisors, for each student as well as large or small teams. Assessment will be made final, both with each group and the jury for the whole year (for the entire year correlation of the marks). Students will be involved in evaluating their own projects and in evaluating projects and team mates of the year.
- Specific bibliography of all theoretical and practical subjects discussed in the previous years of study.
Bibliography and area specific topics chosen for study (laws, documents and documentations urban planning and landscape design, historical and archival sources, statistics, etc.).
Similar case studies.