- Course Leaders:
- prof.dr.arh. Angelica Stan
- asist.dr.urb. Raluca Duică
- Learning outcomes:
- The course builds on the students' capacity of in-depth understanding of (theoretical and practical) issues related to the urban park in actual city context. The emphasis is on acquiring knowledge of the site determinants and landscaping project conditionality dictated by methodological design approach, taking into account elements from evolutionary perspective on traditional and contemporary urban parks in Europe. There are also systematic knowledge about principles of internal organization of urban park, methods of creating ambiance and knowledge about landscape technical drawing, urban regulation, technical and economic urban development plan.
- PART I - The Urban Park in city development context
. 1 - Introductory Elements. Dialectical definition.
. 2 - Role and functions of urban parks in the contemporary city.
. 3 - Site preparation and opportunities.
. 4 - Functional Profile of Urban Park. Custom Attributes. Functional diagram.
. 5 - Typologies of urban parks - by location, size, significance, characteristics. Specialized urban parks.
PART II. Urban park metamorphosis from traditional to contemporary
. 6 - Genesis and evolutionary landmarks -1
.7 - Genesis and evolutionary landmarks -2
.8 - Parks contemporary.
PART III. Urban park - from concept to project
.9 - Draft methodological approach of urban park
.10- General principles in the conception and design of urban park
.11 - Internal organization of urban park - methodological and technical elements
12. - Both urban park-definition, identification, design
13. - Regulation of urban park planning (for urban park PUZ)
14. - Review
- Teaching Method:
- Illustrated and commented exposure
Practical / individual documentation
- Project (80%), Exam / theoretical/documentary part (20%)
- Roger, Alain, Court traité du paysage, Gallimard, 1997
Cauquelin, Anne , L'Invention du paysage, Plon, 1989
Clark, Kenneth, L'Art du paysage (Landscape into Art), Gérard Montfort, 1994
Reid, G.,W, “From Concept to form in Landscape Design”, Jon Wiley &Sons, 1993
Simonds, J.O. « Arhitectura Peisajului », Ed.Tehnica, 1978
Stan, A. “Devenirea peisajului”, Ed. Ion Mincu, 2012
Toma, D., “Despre Gradini si modurile lor de folosire”, Polirom, 2001
Turner, Tom, “Landscape planning”, Hutchinson Education, Londra, 1986
- The Project (4 ECTS) is developing into workshop rooms, having a project program, with several sub- phases, the theme is different as place from an year to other.