- Course Leader:
- ing. Dragoș Marcu
- Teaching language:
- Learning outcomes:
- Acquisition of knowledge on planning and design of structures in line with the latest trends worldwide, by presenting the design techniques used modern construction materials and the pioneering nature of structures. The course proposes to examine of outstanding achievement in structures, materials and emerging technologies, and highlight the consequences they have generated in the design approach but also in developing a new generation of design codes. We advise students who wish to support license the specialty of ”structures” as all those who, study diploma project, construction plans to address the special structural performance. Following the promotion rate students will have the ability understand the rigors of special structures, will gain the ability to participate in complex design teams and interact with other specialists involved in building design special. Course content to finalize according to the requests of students enrolled in course(can be addressed and other issues than those).
- Frames skeletons, diaphragms and dual (comparisons, advantages, limitations).
Age metal skeletons (carrying capacity, flexibility).
Ductility, fundamental criterion for elasto-plastic behavior.
Amortization structures (modern concepts of damper friction or fluid).
Vibrating masses in antiphase(City Corporation).
CCTV (description, comments, etc.).
Taipei 101 (principles, concept, etc.).
The top-down system. Principles. Achievements.
Composite Structures - specific behavior, technologies, examples.
Adjacent construction. Elastic connections.
Consolidation with carbon fiber.
Burj - Dubai (the tallest building in the world - 800 m).
Curing structures. Zoning. Stadiums. Domes.
- Teaching Method:
- Course ex cathaedra. Power Point presentation courses.
- Course Presences (10%). (The minimal condition for submitting the exam : this at least 50% of courses)
Report on one of the topics covered in course (40%)
Final evaluation based on discussions with student (50%)
- Magazine articles and lectures UAUIM library construction. Internet.
Articles in journals published by the Romanian Association of Structural Engineers.
Bungale S. Taranath – Steel, Concrete & Composite Design of Tall Building, Mc Graw Hill, 1998.
Peter Fajfar & R. Krawinkler – Based Perform Seismic Analysis, Ljubliana, 2005.
Dan Dubină, Dan Lungu et. All – Construcții amplasate în zone cu mișcări seismice puternice, 2003.
PAULAY , Thomas et. All , the design of tall concrete buildings, 1994.
GAYLORD, John, Handbook of Structural Engineering, 2003.
NAEIM, Farzad, The seismic desing handbook, Springer, 2001.
P100-2006 - Romanian Design Seismic Code.
FEMA 440 - Improvement of non-linear static analysis