It aims to develop students’ capacity to analyse and define the function and configuration of a possible urban image as a support for the architectural and urban creation process within the urban space; it also aims to develop students’ capacity to compose and expand their own qualitative judgment on the urban space configuration.
A new approach in Urban Composition;
Image in space;
The mechanism of urban image formation;
Perception in space;
The spatial configurative structural field;
Visualizing effects of spatial configuration;
Defining organized space through in site composition;
Relation between buildings and site; qualitative elements of organized spaces;
Particularity in organized space.
Ex-cathedra lectures, case studies and critical discussions in the seminar.
25% - tests during the semester + 25% - essay + 50% - final exam (comprising of two questions that will be answered in writing); Requirements for passing the exam: minimum 5 average final grade, with minimum 5 at the essay and minimum 5 at the final exam (comprised of the two separate answers for the two questions). Although the cumulated value of the essays is part of the average final grade, these are not compulsory.**
50% final test.
1. R.Laurian: Probleme de estetica a oraselor, Ed. Tehnica, Bucuresti – 1962
2. K. Lynch: Image of the City, Ed. R.U.R., Bucuresti – 2012
3. Al. Sandu: Urban Structures, course ...., Ed. U.A.U.I.M., Bucuresti – 1992
4. R. Arnheim: Centrul vizual, Ed. Meridiane, Bucuresti – 1995
5. R. Sennett: The conscience of the Eye, Ed. Norton – 1992
6. M. Merleau-Ponty: Fenomenologia perceptiei, ed. Aion, Oradea, 1999 (introduction and part two)
Additional recommended bibliography
7. Umberto Eco: Opera deschisa, ed. Paralela 45, Bucuresti, 2002 (Chapters. Opening, Information, Communication)
8. M. Roncayolo: Lectures de villes. Formes et temps, Ed. Parentheses, Paris, 2002
9. Al. Sandu: Articles in Arhitext Magazine nr. 1/2006, 5/2001, 1/2015
** students’ results and additional information can be found on the Yahoo Group asandu, at: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/asandu/info