Knowledge acquisition related to main utilities and equipment's to meet the comfort and safety conditions requirements of buildings and their occupants).
Ability to understand the conditioning relationship between building equipment's and other technical elements of constructed area.
Correct usage of building equipment's and utility systems related to constructions;
1. Introduction. Environment. Resources. Energy forms. Defining the functions and the main objectives of building equipping.
2. Sanitary plumbing. Waste. Sewerage and rainwater. Operating principles . Treatment and reuse of gray and rain waters. Equipment's. Technical spaces.
3. Sanitary plumbing. Water in architecture. Physio-chemical-biological properties. Water sources. Water treatment plant and equipment's. Environment compliance. Usage.
4. Sanitary plumbing. Cold (drinking) water. Connection to mains (utility). Technical spaces. Pipeline distribution networks. Tall and very tall buildings particularities.
5. Sanitary plumbing. Domestic hot water. Preparation. Technical spaces. Local vs. centralized distribution. Renewable energy sources. Usage
6. HVAC installations. Thermal comfort. Indoor air quality. Concepts. Definitions. Parameters. Pollution sources. Sick building syndrome.
7. HVAC installations. Passive heating and cooling systems approach. Daylight influence. Thermal zoning of the building. Scheduling activities.
8. HVAC installations. Active heating and cooling systems approach. Principles. Preliminary requirements for technical spaces. Constraints. Equipment's used for heating, cooling, ventilation.
9. HVAC installations. Heating, cooling, ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment's analysis. Classification. Technical spaces. Heating-cooling-air conditioning systems integration into the final building concept.
10. Electrical installations. Power supplies. Point of couplings. Transform stations. Protective devices. Emergency / standby power sources. Uninterruptible power supply. Emergency fuel driven generators.
11. Electrical installations. Equipment's. Materials. Cables and cable distributions. Grounding and protection against electric shock. Technical spaces. Emergency power supply distribution systems
12. Electrical installations. Indoor artificial lighting. Light sources. Types of lighting systems. Luminaires. Dimensioning. Emergency lighting.
13. Electrical installations. Telecommunication systems. Automation. Monitoring. Alarms. Smart buildings.
14.Fire protection equipment's. Introduction. Smoke control. Fire extinguishing systems. Extinguishing agents. Lightning protection. Fire alarm and system equipment's.
Lectures / Presentations / Video projection. Debates, questions and answers session
100% on final exam
1. Manualul Inginerului de Instalatii 4 volume - 2010 – Editie II revizuită
2. Mechanical and electrical systems in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, 5th Ed, Frank Dagostino, Joseph Wujek
3. Instalații – echipare. Note de curs – format electronic – Alexandru Mircea IATAN
4. *** Standarde și normative cu caracter obligatoriu, experimental și de recomandare.