The course provides students with the necessary formative elements for spatial perception training, as well as key information for creating architectural representations. There have been selected from classical descriptive geometry only those elements that are able to develop the architect's spatial thinking.
1. Projection systems. Representation of point and line.
2. Representation of plane. Intersections of planes.
3. Solving roofs with equal slopes.
4. Chage of projection planes.
5. Shadows in axonometric projection.
6. Shadows in double orthogonal projection.
7. Other methods of descriptive geometry.
8. Irregular polyhedrons. Representation, visibility, plan sections.
9. Regular polyhedrons and Semi-regular polyhedrons. Equipartitions.
10. Shadows in double orthogonal projection / recapitulation
11. Test 1 Shadows in double orthogonal projection
12. Helicoidal surfaces. Helicoidal stairs.
13. Intersections of irregular polyhedrons.
14. Hyperboloids and hyperbolic paraboloids. Ruled surfaces - classification.
1. Representation of lines and planes.
2. Solving hipped roofs with equal slopes.
3. Construction of shadows in axonometric projection.
4. Construction of shadows in double orthogonal projection.
5. Solving problems with chage of projection planes.
6. Helicoidal stairs.
7. Intersections of irregular polyhedrons.
Lectures on the ZOOM platform, computer drawings examples, study on 3D representations, practical works at the drawing board with guidance on the ZOOM platform:
Meeting ID: 969 7040 7318
This academic year, the practical works and the two tests will be held online on the ZOOM platform.
The final grade will be calculated as follows:
Average of seminars = Average of the best 6 marks obtained in the practical works
Average of exams = (Test 1+Test 2)/2
test 1: shadows in double orthogonal projection
test 2: Helicoidal stairs
Final mark = 40% Average of seminars + 60% Average of exams, with the requirement that the average of the exams >4,5
More information on the organization of the exam can be obtained by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
M. ENACHE și I. IONESCU, Descriptive geometry and Perspective, Ed. Didactică și Pedagogică, București, 1983;
A.TĂNĂSESCU, Descriptive geometry, Axonometry and Perspective, Ed. Tehnică, 1975;
Doina NICULAE – Notions of Descriptive Geometry in Architectural Representations, Ed. universitară "Ion Mincu", București, 2004.
Doina Niculae și Iulius Ionescu, Geometry of Architectural Shapes, Ed. universitară "Ion Mincu", București, 2009