International Cooperation and Mobility
Permanently concerned with according its teaching offer to the new approaches and best practice in architectural education, after 1990 UAUIM has been constantly promoting the international cooperation through close relations with various schools of architecture, associations, forums and top level professionals worldwide.
UAUIM has relations with more than 80 schools of architecture in Europe, Asia, South America and the United States. The Tempus program and subsequently the Erasmus program have facilitated the exchanges of students and teachers between the UAUIM and more than 50 schools of architecture in Europe. Each year a large number of UAUIM students benefit from international mobilities for study and practical training in design offices, in many countries of Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America.
UAUIM is member of the following international associations:
- EAAE – European Association for Architectural Education
- AESOP – The Association of Planning Schools in Europe
- IAESTE – The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience
- EUA – European University Association
- IAU – International Association of Universities
- ELASA – European Landscape Architecture Student Association
- ELIA – The European League of Institutes of the Arts
- UNISCAPE – European Network of Universities for the implementation of the European Landscape Convention
- AUF - L’Agence universitaire de la Francophonie
UAUIM has a very active role in the European Association of Architectural Education (EAAE) and the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE).
UAUIM also participates in the Convention of Schools of Architecture and Urbanism of Southern France and Eastern Europe.
Distinguished guests from around the world visit UAUIM as teachers or guest jurors on a regular basis.
Remarkable architects – such as Mario Botta, Vittorio Gregotti, Françoise Choay, Richard Meyer, Alvaro Siza, Luigi Snozzi, Alexandros Tombazis etc – have given lectures at UAUIM.
Every year the diploma projects are assessed by international juries, including professionals and professors from different countries and continents.
UAUIM diploma of architect was recognized by the French Ministry of Culture and Communications since the middle of the ‘90s.