UT-74 GIS Elements

The Faculty of Urban Planning / Urbanism and Territorial Management
3rd Year, sem 1, 2022-2023 | Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 1C+1L | ECTS Credits: 3
Urban Planning and Territorial Development
Course Leader:
asist.dr.urb Matei Cocheci
Learning outcomes:
1. Understanding the role of Geographical Informational Systems in urban and territorial planning, in the context of the current Romanian legislation. 2. Developing capabilities regarding the management and analysis of spatial data used in urban and territorial planning.
Courses: 1. Introduction - geographical informational systems. 2. Vector spatial data structures 3. Raster spatial data structures 4. Using GIS in urban planning 5. Using GIS in territorial planning 6. Operations on vector and raster data 7. GIS and Smart Cities Practical workshops: 1. Presenting basic functions - QGIS. 2. Editing the database in GIS software. 3. Realizing a simple map using indicators from the INSSE database. 4. Georeferencing and digitalizing 5. Processing raster data: Corine Land Cover and DEM 6. Preparing a database using a dwg file 7. Final evaluation
Teaching Method:
PowerPoint presentations. Working in parallel with the students in the QGIS software.
25 % Overall activity 25 % Written test 50 % Final evaluation (seminar)
Imbroane, A.M. (2012). Sisteme informatice geografice (GIS), vol. I – Structuri de date, Editura Presa Universitară Clujeană. Imbroane, A.M. (2018). Sisteme informatice geografice (GIS), vol. II – Analiză spațială și modelare, Editura Presa Universitară Clujeană. Nițu, C., (2004), ”Sisteme informaționale geografice”, Editura Universitară București. Online documentation - QGIS software.