- Course Leader:
- lect.dr.arh Alexandru Calcatinge
- Teaching Staff:
- lect. dr. arh. Alexandru Calcatinge
- Learning outcomes:
C1 – interpretation of historical evolution of human settlements and description of the settlement's territorial relations
C1.1 – description and identification of historical and environmental factors that determine and influence the evolution and development of human settlements and territory
- 1. Introduction to the study of architectural and urban history (pre- and early history)
2. Architecture and urbanism in Antiquity
3. Urbanism and architecture in Medieval Ages
4. Medieval urbanism and the Central-European consciosness of Transilvania
5. Renaissance architecture and genesis of classical urbanism
6. Architecture and urbanism in 18th century
7. Architecture and urbanism in 19th century. From historicism to industrialization
8. Urban planning of the 19th Century – extension of Barcelona
9. Architecture and urbanism in the first half of 20th century
10. Architecture and urbanism in the second half of 20th century
11. Urban utopias of 20th century
12. CIAM and the Functional City
13. Tendences in architecture and urbanism at the beginning of 21st century
14. Critical discourse: fundamentals
- Teaching Method:
- lectures and presentations
- tests during some lectures, final written exam. Final grade is 50% the exam's grade and 50% average grade of the tests
- Cantacuzino, G. M., 2003. Introducere la studiul arhitecturii. București: Editura Paideia.
Gilbert, Luigi, 2000. Arhitectura în Europa. Iași: Editura Institutul European.
Harouel, Jean-Louis, 2001. Istoria urbanismului. București: Editura Meridiane.
Țopa, Leon, 1968. Istoria orașului. București: Editura Științifică.