- Urban Planning and Territorial Development
- Course Leader:
- lect.dr.arh. Liviu Veluda
- Teaching Staff:
- Îndrumare activitate atelier (urbanism)
Conf. dr. arh. Gabriel Pascariu
Asist. dr. urb. Adrian Cioangher
Asist. dr. urb. Eugen Marinescu
Asist. dr. urb. Liviu Veluda
drd. urb. Matei Radu Cocheci
Îndrumare activitate atelier (peisagistică)
lect. dr. arh. Simona Munteanu
lect. dr. arh. Vera Marin
drd. urb. Laura Tucan
Coordonator proiect Conf. dr. arh. Gabriel Pascariu
- Learning outcomes:
The project aims to develop the capacity of students to analyse the potential and problems of the territory as a whole in relation to its natural, material and human resources and to get familiar to the content of a territorial plan as well as to the methods and techniques for analyse, diagnose and developing scenarios. The project is a practical application of the theory learned during related courses such as Territorial Planning Interventions or Structural and Typological Morphology of the Territory and a logical follow up of the practical activities of previous years. The projects allows students to make use of their knowledge acquired during the previous years in the fields of economy, sociology and statistics and provides them the opportunity to study and get acquainted with environmental, economic, demographic or engineering problems as well as with the organisation of the settlement system at metropolitan, periurbane, county or regional levels. The specific objective of the project is to elaborate a scenario of spatial development at various territorial scales (county, metropolitan, periurban, intercommunal). The project contributes to developing of the following competencies: describing and analysing the functional and spatial organisation of human settlements and territory, applying the legal provisions and explaining the institutional relations in the field of territorial and urban planning, public administration and related fields and integrated approach to the socio-economic, ecological and cultural dimensions of human settlements and territory. The project is also contributing to the development of horizontal competencies concerning team work and communication and coordination of sectoral or general activities.
Content of lectures:
1. Presentation of the project theme and of the study area; preparing the basic topographical support.
2. Presenting main documents and strategies at national and European levels, the concept of territorial cohesion and territorial agendas
3. Presenting methods of multicriterial analysis, identification of problems, synthetizing and graphical representation.
4. Communication and presentation methods and techniques.
Practical activities and main elaboration stages:
• Organisational activities, team working, checking and debating schemes and proposals.
• Working individually and group activities, for collecting and processing information and documentation; field research
• Working group activities: sectorial analyses, synthesis and setting up diagnoses, elaboration of the development concept and spatial territorial schemes.
• Final elaboration of the project; design and editing activities
• Teaching and supporting activities.
• Public presentation of final project.
- Teaching Method:
lectures, inter-active presentations, debates
evaluation is done by elaboration stages and also considering the individual and team evolution
• Supporting plans and cadastral maps
• Territorial planning documents (PATN, PATZ, PATJ)
• ESPON studies
• Statistical data of the National Statistical Institute
• Specific legislation int the field (Planning Act and others)
• Regional development plans
• National Territorial Development Strategy 2035
The project is elaborated by teams of 4-5 students. Evaluation of the project is done by considering both the individual and team activities. The activity during the studio hours is evaluated on the basis of weekly fiches and of a final report of activity.