- Urban Planning and Territorial Development
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr. Radu Săgeată
- Learning outcomes:
- The course aims to explain the criteria for locating economic activities and economic models of regional development in relation to the local and regional territorial specifics. Students are familiar with the territorial distribution of natural and anthropogenic resources / labour, with the territorial discrepancies between production and consumption that determine the direction of flows of raw materials, finished products and labor, as well as economic development policies that influence the location of investments. It also presents and explains the situation of economic development at the regional level on the globe and in Romania and the factors that contributed to it, detailing some representative case studies.
- A. Lectures :
I. Resources, factors of economic localization.
1. The distribution of energy resources in the world and in Romania and the relations with the location of investments in industry.
2. Resources and location of industrial activities. Case study : ferrous ores and steel industry.
3. Resources and relocation of industrial activities. Workforce and processing industry.
II. Territorial discrepancies between production and consumption.
4. Production areas and consumer markets. Material and human flows.
5. Conflicts with economic support. Implications for regional development.
6. The role of the ethnic element in the relationship resources - regional development. Case studies.
II. Resources and regional development.
7. Territorial differentiations on regional development.
8. Economic development policies and social implications. Case studies.
9. Economic development policies and environmental factors. Environmental disasters due to wrong economic policies.
10. Regional development in Romania. Territorial differentiations.
B. Practical topics and exercises :
Analysis and explanation of the logic of placing investments in industry and services.
- Teaching Method:
- lectures with video presentations, open discussions / debates .
- individual research work, Exam.
- Adumitrăcesei, I-D., Niculescu, N-G. (1999, 2000), Pericolul subdezvoltării [The danger of underdevelopment]. Vol. I : Decalaje economice interjudețene [Inter-county economic gaps], Vol. II : Contraperformanțe economice persistente. Imperativul relansării [Persistent economic performance. The imperative of relaunching], Bucharest : Economic Publishing House.
Crețan, R. (2010), Geografie economică mondială [World economic geography], Timișoara : Mirton Publishing House.
Dragomirescu, Ș., Săgeată, R. (2011), Statele lumii contemporane [States of the contemporary world], Bucharest : Corint Publishing House.
Floricel, Gh., Vasiliade, M., Năstase, Gh. (1998), Coridorul de transport eurasiatic prin Marea Neagră. Drumul mătăsii în secolul XXI [Eurasian transport corridor through the Black Sea. The Silk Road in the 21st Century], Bucharest : Economic Publishing House.
Ianoș, I. (2000), Sisteme teritoriale. O abordare geografică [Territorial systems. A geographical approach], Bucharest : Technic Publishing House.
Guillochon, B. (2003), Globalizarea – o singură planetă, proiecte divergente [Globalization - a single planet, divergent projects], Bucharest : Rao Enciclopaedia.
Lacoste, Y. (2000), Apa. Bătălia pentru viață. Mica Enciclopedie Larousse [The water. The battle for life. Little Larousse Encyclopedia],Bucharest : Rao Enciclopaedia.
Neguț, S. (2011), Geografia umană [Human Geography], Bucharest : Romanian Academy Publishing House.
Paraschiv, V. (coord.), Mărculeț, I., Albăstroiu, E-S., Epure, T. (2020), România. Geografia industriei [Romania. Geography of industry], Iași : Pim Publishing House.
Săgeată, R. (2008), Geopolitica [Geopolitics], Sibiu : Lucian Blaga University Publishing House.
Săgeată, R. (2009), Globalizare culturală și cultură globală. Global și local în geografia culturală [Cultural globalization and global culture. Global and local in cultural geography], Bucharest : University Publishing House.
Săgeată, R. (2010), Geografie urbană [Urban Geography], Sibiu : Lucian Blaga University Publishing House.
Săgeată, R., Stănescu, D. (2012), Geografie urbană. Lucrări practice [Urban geography. Practical works], Sibiu : Lucian Blaga University Publishing House.
Săgeată, R. (2014), The Urban Systems in the Age of Globalization. Geographical Studies with focus on Romania, Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, 256 p., 91 fig., 20 tab.
Sobaru, A., Năstase, Gh., Avădanei, C. (1998), Artera navigabilă Dunăre-Main-Rhin. Strategii europene, orizont 2020 [Danube-Main-Rhine waterway. European strategies, horizon 2020], Bucharest : Economic Publishing House.