- Technical Sciences
- Course Leader:
- lect. Vlad Petrescu
- Teaching Staff:
- lector dr.ing. Vlad Petrescu
- Learning outcomes:
- The scientific knowledge needed for the optimum design of the building is a combination of structural elements with the complexity of the physical and the economical factors.
This course teaches the integration of wood and steel structures to achieve a functional product. Furthermore, the technological, organizational and economical factors are continuously present in the design process.
The course has the following goals:
1. Basic understanding of material properties, mainly wood and steel.
2. Ability to calculate the structural elements of a simple wood or steel structure.
3. Ability to decide/select the appropriate structure: wood vs steel.
4. Understanding of the main standards and regulations that govern the design process.
- Wood structures. Design criteria. Loading; behavior under loading; material properties; laminated products.
Strength of timber elements: tension, compression, bending, shear.
2D and 3D timber structures; wooden floors; wooden shear walls; connections.
Steel structures. Design criteria. Loading; behavior under loading; material properties;
Strength of steel elements: tension, compression, bending, shear.
2D and 3D steel structures; connections.
- Teaching Method:
- Lectures with digital image support.
- Continuous evaluation (30%)
Final evaluation (70%)
- Eurocode 3, Calculul structurilor metalice – exemple de calcul;
Eurocode 5, Calculul structurilor din lemn – exemple de calcul;
M. Darie, Constructii din lemn
D. Mateescu, Clădiri înalte cu structuri din otel
*** Articles and construction courses from UAUIM Library