- Course Leader:
- conf. Liviu Gligor
- Learning outcomes:
- Formation of a technical way of thinking and cultivating of construction intuition by means of direct contact with materials and specific building method; verifying in practice and practicing of the feed back: design-control-evaluation- redesign-building on the prototype principle; shaping the contact conditions with the professional environment and connecting the architecctural thinking with building actions; direct knoledge on building materials and particular constructive solutions.
- Structural masonry constructions. Relation with the ground. Specific building problems. Materials and connectic sollutions.
Reinforced concreteconstructions. Relation with the ground. Rammed wallings. Prefabrication basic knoledge. Materials and composite sollutions.
An arch of masonry / a masonry wall on sight / an earth wall.
A reinforced concrete belt / a reinforced concrete frame / a reinforced concrete coffered ceiling.
- Teaching Method:
- The lectures support the practical exercises, developed in connection with the activity in the design studio on related themes, principles, materials and constructive solutions proposed by the students during the design activity of the semester. The results are direct experiences with materials and building techniques to allow the students to verify their on design sollutions but also to cultivate a realistic technical thinking. The practical exercises are related to the subject developed in the design studio.
Didactic materials: audio-videoprojector, printed materials, building materials, tools.
- Theoretical exam (40%), practical exercise ongoing (60%).
- Mateescu, Dan, METALLIC CONSTRUCTIONS, Editura tehnică, București, 1975
Vitruviu, ON ARCHITECTURE, Ed. Academică RSR, 1964
Schulitz, Sobek, Habermann, STEEL CONSTRUCTION MANUAL, Birkäuser, Edition Detail, München, 2000
Herzog, Hatterer, Schweitzer, Volz, Winter TIMBER CONTRUCTION MANUAL Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2004;
Schittich, Staib, Balkow, Schuler, Sobek GLASS CONSTRUCTION MANUAL Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 1999;
Pfeifer, Ramcke, Achtziger, Zilch Masonry Construction Manual Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2001;
Kind-Barkauskas, Kauhsen, Polonyi, Brandt, CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION MANUAL, Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2002;
Herzog, Krippner, Lang FAÇADE CONSTRUCTION MANUAL, Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2004.
Periodicals and printed materials on building materials.
- The practical exercises are renewed in relation with the evolution of building sollutions, with the new building materials on the market and building technologies. The practical activity receives specialised assistance if needed and aims to connect more orr less real ongoing cases with the architectural education. The product oft he practical exercises cumulates a succession of building events with increasing degree of complexity addressing alternatively traditional constructions and last generation ones.