- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh. Melania Dulămea
- Teaching Staff:
- Learning outcomes:
- Training the skills of typological analysis and systematic understanding of an architectural work.
Knowledge of the meaning and methods of exploring the relationship of the architectural object with the city.
Understanding the specific nature, determined by each construction situation, of the architectural program.
Discovering the characteristic features of housing and housing architecture, establishing the necessary elements of historical, ideological and cultural contextualization.
Deepening the principles of formal structuring and form generation in architecture.
- Theme 1 (II) / References and precedents. Urban urban housing - an analysis. The systematic exploration of the constructed precedents will allow the understanding of the intimate springs - both poetic and pragmatic - of the conception and construction of a house. The exercise will also be the occasion for the first contact with the fundamental theoretical question of the relationship between type and context. The purpose of the exercise is not only to decipher the formal logic of the architectural object, but also to extend its interpretation in phenomenological, historical-cultural and typological terms.
- Teaching Method:
- Individual critique, collective critique, theoretical lectures, site visits, case studies.
- Caiet de documentare si fundamentare a proiectului, sustinerea individuala a proiectului cu notare in comisie.
- Andrea Palladio
ACKERMAN, James – Palladio, Penguin Books, 1966
WITTKOWER, Rudolf – Architectural Principles in the Age of Humanism, 1948
PALLADIO, Andrea – I Quatro libri, 1540, trad. engl. The Four Books of Architecture, Dover Publications, 1965 (1737)
Frank Lloyd Wright
BROOKS, H. Allen – Frank Lloyd Wright and the Destruction of the Box, în Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, vol. 38, No. 1 (1979), p. 7-14
LASEAU, Paul, TICE, James – Frank Lloyd Wright. Between Principle and Form, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1991
MCCARTER, Robert (ed.) – On and By Frank Lloyd Wright. A Primer of Architectural Principles, Phaidon, 2005
WRIGHT, Frank Lloyd – Ausgefuhrte Bauten, Wasmuth, Berlin, 1910, trad. engl. Studies and executed Buildings, Dover Publications, 1983
JOHNSON, Donald Leslie – Frank Lloyd Wright: The Early Years: Progressivism: Aesthetics: Cities, Routledge, 2017
LASCU, Nicolae, ZAHARIADE, Ana Maria, ILIESCU, Anca, RADU, Florinel – Horia Creangă. O monografie, Editura Universitară ”Ion Mincu” / Zeppelin, 2019
PATRULIUS, Radu – Horia Creangă. Omul și opera, Editura Tehnică, 1981
BENTON, Tim – Les villas parisiennes de Le Corbusier et Pierre Jeanneret. 1920-1930, Editions de la Villette, 2007 (Birkhäuser, 2007)
BOESIGER, Willy, STONOROV, Oscar, BILL, Max (ed.) – Le Corbusier. Oeuvre complète / Complete Works, Birkhäuser, 1995
DISCH, Peter – Luigi Snozzi. Costruzioni e progetti - Buildings and Projects 1958-1993, ADV Publishing House, 1994
LAKATOS, Andrei Eugen – Workshop la Monte Carasso, revista Arhitectura nr. 6 / 2017 – 1 / 2018
LUIGI SNOZZI Prix Meret Oppenheim 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kcYBlrE_s