“Ion Mincu“ University of Architecture and Urbanism research strategy in the field of disater for protection of natural and built heritage in urban and rural zones
The project, with an approved budget of 17745 RON, aims to implement a UAUIM research strategy in the field of natural and built heritage protection against disasters in urban and rural settlements and aims to acquire interdisciplinary skills on disaster-resilient architectural and urban design and its harmonization with international European legislation in the field for the IMUAU teaching and research community.
Under the project manager's leadership, the team will aim to achieve the specific objectives of diversifying the competencies of UAUIM teaching and research staff with disaster management competence, with the complementary discipline of IT, GIS and virtual reality. In addition, it will be generating ideas and solutions for problematic sites, disseminating best practices to decision-makers and the general public and last but not least to experts by updating 3 of the courses currently taught by them and initiating the development of 2 optional courses (urban law for disasters, GIS and virtual reality).
- dr. Dipl.-Ing. Maria Boștenaru Dan, principal investigator (DMC)
- Project assistant PhDc. urb. Marilena Brastăviceanu (SDU)
- prof.dr.arch. Cristina Olga Gociman (SDA)
- prof.dr.arch. Tiberiu Florescu (DPUP)
- prof.dr.arch. Cerasella Crăciun (DPUP)
- assoc.prof.dr.arch. Mihaela Hărmănescu (DPUP)
- assoc.prof.dr.eng. Adrian Iordăchescu (DST)
- lect.dr.arch. Sergiu Petrea (DBP)
- PhD candidates
- arch. Steluța Topalov (SDA)
- arch. Anne Marie Gacichevici (SDA)
- urb. Atena Gârjoabă (SDU)
- arch. Cătălina Vărzaru (SDA)
The project is structured on three activities that together contribute to the achievement of the objectives.
- The first activity - preparation of the conference - will consist of the SWOT analysis necessary to establish a diagnosis based on which the mission of UAUIM in disaster research will be defined in order to improve the problems and use the potential, with the establishment of research objectives and sub-objectives, translated into packages of measures, to which are associated means of implementation and means of communication/consensus between the departments involved, and implementation plans on different time horizons.
- The second activity - implementation - consisting of a virtual conference to present and support/discuss the results, culminating in
- the synthesis of the research project, namely the strategic document for the protection of built and natural heritage against disasters, will be linked to the funding possibilities of already completed/ongoing/evaluation/potential future research activities. Finally, the results will be proposed for presentation at the EGU/Vienna and 3ECEES/Bucharest conferences.