The Faculty of Urbanism / Landscape and Territory
UP-98 | Technology in Landscape
Department: Urban and Landscape Design
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh Cristina Enache
- Learning outcomes:
- • Understanding technology as part of landscape evolution.
• Familiarization with the stages of society evolution through thedevelopment of technology.
• Understanding the interaction between technology and landscape.
• Knowing the great technological revolutions and their role in modeling the landscape
• Knowledge of data concerning the industrial revolution and its implications on the landscape
• Knowledge of the implications sections of the ICT Revolution on the landscape
• The ability to correlate the context of globalization and sustainable development with landscape issues
- 1. Introduction to the landscape issue in terms of technological evolution
2. Relationship between technology - society - landscape, levels of interference, modes of expression.
3. Technological evolution through history and its influences on landscape evolution; understanding of technology as a way of adjusting the society and the assumption of the landscape (in terms of economic, cultural, social, aesthetic). Technological eras - urban development - social evolution
4. Modes of expression of technology in the urban landscape and the natural landscape.
5. Technological ages - urban development - social development; relationship between urban development – technological development
6. Implications of the technological revolution on the landscape - Agricultural Revolution, Industrial Revolution and ICT Revolution
7. Types of landscapes depending on the degree of anthropogenic involvement (understanding modeling landscape as a consequence of natural and anthropogenic intervention)
8. Ancient and medieval technologies and their influences on the landscape
9. Scientific and technical revolution - the development of new technologies and implications on modeling natural and urban landscape
10. Industrial landscape and its evolution: the integration of industrial architecture period in landscape architecture - features, problems arising, ways to approach in actual case studies
11. Modes of expression of technology in the urban landscape and the natural landscape.
12. Modeling landscape in the Information Era, the implications of globalization on the landscape.
13. The mobility in the landscape - technology development, degree of intervention in the natural landscape
14. The influences of the technology on the activity of design, aesthetic perception in conceptual work in the Information Era. The role of information and communication in the concepts changes
- Teaching Method:
- Exposure illustrated and commented participatory, lectures, guests
- Exam / Test + Practical works
- ***- Avenirs de villes – Ed. Le Moniteur, Nancy, 2005; ***- Interactive Cities – Anomalie Digital Arts no.6, sub coordonarea lui Valerie Chatelet, Ed. Hyx, www.editions-hyx.com, Orleans, 2007; ***- Arhitectura care nu exista, Ed. Paideia, Bucuresti, 1999; AG4 – Media Facades – 2006 DAAB, Germany ; Ascher, Francois- Les nouveaux principes de l’urbanisme, Editions de l’Aube, 2001; Drewe, Paul - ICT and urban form / urban planning and design - off the beaten track - iunie 2000 - http://networkcity.bk.tudelft.nl/pdf/pub07.pdf; Hall, Peter - Orasele de maine, Editura ALL Educational, 1999; Fidler, Roger - Mediamorphosis – sa intelegem noile media, Ed. Idea Design&Print, Cluj, 2004; Graham, Stephen & Marvin, Simon- Splintering Urbanism, Routlege Taylor & Francis Group, NY, 2002;Secolul 21- Globalizare si identitate, nr.7-9/2001;***- The Challenge of landscape in metropolitan areas, UAB Digital Repository of Documents, 2008 - www.ddd.uab.cat; www.parisrivegauche.com; www.bilbaoria.org.