Basic elements concerning landscape valuation through tourist development, with accent on landscape management elements (preservation, conservation, valuation) and tools designated to valuate the landscape.
1. – Introduction. Development. Sustainable development, tourist development. Natural and anthropic landscape. Landscape issues in development policies. European Landscape Convention. Landscape management.
2. – Landscape and legal framework in Romania (territorial and urban planning tools)- case studies. Tourism and tourist development- urban actors. Impact of tourist development. Globalization and tourist development. International tourist tendencies.
3. – Tourist types and tourist structures. Classification of tourist types in Romania- criterions. Policies for tourist development. International tendencies.
4. – Necessities related to sustainable tourist development- structures and infrastructure. Management of mass tourism.
5. – Promotion of heritage conservation through tourist development. Legal framework and strategic tools. International tendencies. Marketing and competitive advantages. Landscape role. Conservation, preservation and valuation of landscape through tourist devleopment. Public private partnership. Conclusions.
projections, photographs, documentation, research studies.
Exam (60%), Class involvement ( 40%),
Master Plan for Tourist National Development 2007-2026, National Development Plan, Romanian Ministry for Regional Development and Tourism, Bucharest, 2007.
National Development Plan, Romanian Ministry for Regional Development and Tourism, Bucharest, 2007.
Cazelais, N., „Hôtellerie et développement régional. Réflexions autour de paradoxes”, TÉOROS, vol. 23, nr. 3, 2004
Go, F.M., „Tourism in the context of globalization”, Papers de Turisme, nr. 23, 1998
Goeldner, C.R., Ritchie, B.J.R., „Tourism: Principles, Practices, Philosophies”, Ediția a 9-a, John Wiley & Sons, 2003
Goodall, B., Stabler, M., „Environmental standards and performance measurement in tourism development”, în Richards, G., Hall, D. (editori), Tourism and Sustainable Community Development, 2000 ;
Hall, D.R., „Tourism development and sustainability issues in Central and South-eastern Europe”, Tourism Management, vol. 19, nr. 5, 1998 ;
Hughes, H., Allen, D., „Cultural tourism in Central and Eastern Europe: the views of „induced image formation agents”, Tourism Management, vol. 26, nr. 2, 2005
Keller, P., „Concurrence, innovation et coopération: le tourisme suisse face à ses options stratégiques”, La Vie économique, nr. 6 ;
Kuvan, Y., Akan, P., „Residents’attitudes toward general and forest-related impacts of tourism: the case of Belek, Antalya”, Tourism Management, Article in Press, 2004 ;
Lavery, P. , „Travel and Tourism”, Editura ELM Publications, Northants, 1996
Light, D., Dumbrăveanu, D., „Romanian tourism in the post-communist period”, Annals of Tourism Research, vol. 26, nr. 4, 1999 ;
McKercher, B., „The unrecognized threat to tourism: can tourism survive „sustainability”?” Tourism Management, vol. 21, nr. 1, 1993
Purvis, M., Grainger, A., „Exploring Sustainable Development”, Editura EARTHSCAN, London, 2004
Rátz, T., „Residents’ perceptions of the socio-cultural impacts of tourism at Lake Balaton, Hungary”, în Richards, G., Hall, D. (editori), „Tourism and Sustainable Community Development”, 2000
Dumazedier J., „Vers une civilisation du loisir », Ed.du Seuil, Paris, 1962.
Popa, A. (2012), ‚Development of Peripheral Areas through Tourism: disadvantages and benefits. Case study for Romanian Coastal Area’, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of the Internation Forum on Urbanism- Tourbanism, Barcelona.
Popa, A. (2011), ‘Conservarea șI valorificarea peisajului costier, componentă a planificării marine‘, în Peisaj cultural și dezvoltare, coord. Sârbu, C., Ed. Universitara Ion Mincu, București, pp: 205- 212
Popa, A., Calcatinge, A. (2012), ‚The cultural paradigm in common landscapes perception’, Proceedings of ICAR 2012- International Conference on Architectural research, ed. Joger,B., Comșa, D., București
Kenchington RA (1990), Managing marine environments, Taylor & Francis, New York.
Kotler Ph., Haider D., Rein I. (2001), Marketing Places, Teora, Bucharest.
Jackson, J. B. 1984. Discovering the Vernacular Landscape. Yale University Press, New Haven and London.
Cosgrove, D. 1994. Cultural landscapes, in Unwin, T. (Ed.). A European Geography. Longman, Edinburgh Gate.
Gubbay S. (1995), Marine protected areas; principles and techniques for management, Chapman&Hall, London.
Guell, J.M.F., 2011, Foresight as an Inovative Tool for Designing Tourist Destinations, Journal of Tourism Research, 3(2), pp. 161- 170
Vos,W., Meekes,H., 1999. “Trends in European cultural landscape development: perspectives for a sustainable future”, in Landscape and Urban Planning , 46, pp.3-14.