Lecture 1: Introduction – necesity of visual aesthetics; to see, to draw, to send a visual message
Exercise 1: discusions – observation sketch
Lecture 2: Means of visual investigation
- a few means of investigating visual forms (graphics, photography, film)
- tipes of sketches (observation sketch, concept sketch, analysis sketch)
- a few techniques and rules of composition (designing with lines, with space, etc.)
Exercise 2: discussion of first exercise, presentation of second exercise
Lecture 3: Techniques and rules of composition
- a few techniques and rules of composition II (movement, balance, growth, dynamics, rithm, expression and symbol)
- a few techniques and rules of composition III (principles of composition)
Exercise 3: discussion of second exercise / presentation of third exercise - composition sketches
Lecture 4: Layout elements
- Layout elements I (general terms of image and text paging/layout)
- Layout elements II (hierarchy of information in graphic design, composition of forms)
Exercise 4: discussion of third exercise / presentation of fourth exercise - 3 collage compositions
Lecture 5: Schematic drawing
- The logic of representation and representation by flowcharts, diagrams I (relationships, reading order)
- The logic of representation and representation by flowcharts, diagrams II
Exercise 5: discussion of fourth exercise / presentation of fifth exercise – schematic representation
Lecture 6: Specific graphic representation for urban planning/landscape design
- Specific graphic representation for urban planning/landscape design I
- Specific graphic representation for urban planning/landscape design II
Exercise 6: discussion of fifth exercise / presentation of sixth exercise – diagrams, flowcahrts
Lecture 7: Static and dynamic image in film
- static an moving image - film analysis
Exercise 7: schematic drawing of an urban area presented in a film
Lecture 8: Review of concepts presented during the course.
 Ailincăi, Cornel. 2010. Introducere în gramatica limbajului vizual, Iași:Polirom.
 Arnheim, Rudolf. 2011/1954. Arta și percepția vizuală: o psihologie a văzului creator, Iași:Polirom.
 Arnheim, Rudolf – 1995. Forta centrului vizual, Ed. Meridiane
 Paul Klee, 1972/1953. Pedagogical Sketchbook, with introduction by Moholy-Nagy based on courses of “visual form” held at Bauhaus between 1921-1931.