The main objective of the project is to elaborate and achieve a territorial planning study of a complex character, involving the formulation of scenarios and development policies, taking into consideration legal and institutional elements. The project represents a basis for the final graduation project, which is an individual one and consists in the elaboration of a development scenario at regional level based on a consistent spatial component in relation to social, economic, ecological and cultural development aspects. The main professional competencies aimed are: describing and interpreting in a comprehensive approach the complex processes of development and evolution of human settlements systems, adequate use of specific terminology, concepts, theories, models and methods of territorial planning, scientific use of methods and techniques of planning and design to elaborate and coordinate strategies and development programs and plans, identifying, explaining and using of general framework and specific legislative, institutional and financial elements, transdisciplinary and multilevel approach to social, economic, historic and cultural, aesthetic, ecological and environmental, scientific and technological dimensions. The horizontal ones are related to the development of team work capacities and interdisciplinary cooperation, objective auto-evaluation, facilitating and negotiating skills, positive approach and critical spirit regarding the territorial / regional issues.
Titles of practical themes: The project represents a follow-up of the initial stage (previous semester project) and aims to reviewing and finalizing the preliminary diagnosis, defining elements of the strategy and proposing alternative development scenarios, followed by the selection of a single one and of a territory / development region for which spatial development schemes will be elaborated and aspects concerning implementing mechanism (governance, resources, monitoring) will be developed.
First stage of the project involves the re-evaluation of the results of the previous stage, especially of the preliminary diagnosis and the identification of restrictive and driving factors for a region / territory, considering the external context; strategic objectives and alternative scenarios are elaborated.
The Second stage of the project consists in the elaboration of individualized strategies and scenarios based on various hypothesis and priorities. The individualization of scenarios will be achieved by selection of a specific topic to be developed in the final graduation dissertation and as a support element for the final project too.
Studio interactive activities. Short presentations of projects and models of analysis and representation, panel discussions, defending of different parts of the project (intermediate, final).
Evaluation criteria and method: participation to the studio activities, capacity of research, processing and synthetizing , capacity of interpreting the quantitative / qualitative relations, the logic of the approach, the quality of the graphical expression, of the working method, the capacity to cooperate and work in a team. The evaluation is based on a complex algorithm.
1. Camagni, R., (2008) Towards a Concept of Territorial Capital [in:] R. Capello, R. Camagni, B. Chizzolini and U. Fratesi, Modelling regional scenarios for the enlarged Europe, Berlin: Springer http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-540-74737-6_3
2. Roberta Capello, Andrea Caragliu, Peter Nijkamp (2009) Territorial Capital and Regional Growth: Increasing Returns in Cognitive Knowledge Use http://papers.tinbergen.nl/09059.pdf
3. Roberta Capello, Peter Nijkamp (ed.) Handbook of Regional Growth and Development Theories
4. Davoudi, S., Strange, I. (2008) Conceptions of Space and Place in Strategic Spatial Planning, New York: Routledge
5. Porter, M. (1990) The Competitive Advantage of Nations. London: Macmillan.
6. CE (2014) Investment for Jobs and Growth – The 6th Report on Economic, Social and Territorial Cohesion.
7. CE (2010) EUROPE 2020 – A strategy for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth
8. ESPON studies and publications: Territorial Vision for Europe towards 2050; Vision and Scenarios for the European Territory towards 2050
9. MFE (2014) Partnership Agreement – Romania 2014-2020
10. Regional Development Plans 2014-2020
Graduation of the project is conditioned by submitting both stages of the project and participation to the studio hours.