- Urban Planning and Territorial Development
- Course Leaders:
- lect.dr.urb. Matei Radu Cocheci
- conf.dr.arh. Simona Munteanu
- Teaching Staff:
- conf.dr.arh. Gabriel Pascariu, asist.drd.urb Paul Mureșan-Iuga
- Learning outcomes:
- The course aims to get the students of the 2nd year of master classes, familiar with the basic concepts and ideas about strategic planning and with specific methods and techniques of analysing, programming, evaluating and team work, as a follow up and development of skills thez got during the previous practical activities. The course provides information about the evolution of the concept of strategic planning at the level of private companies and the way it has been used later on in the public sphere and in spatial planning. The course has a significant practical component, various exercises and practical works being done during the studio hours.
- Content of lectures:
1. Introduction and short history of strategic planning
2. Stages of the strategic planning
3. Strategic planning and spatial development
4. Strategic planning and regional development
5. Institutional framework and actors involved in spatial and regional planning processes
6. Strategic planning instruments: SWOT, logical matrix, problem tree etc.
7. Recent studies, researches on strategic planning; examples of spatial development strategies.
Practical themes and exercises:
1. Practical applications of instruments used in strategic planning,
2. Conceiving and solving real or imaginary situations
3. Developing a Gantt diagram, SWOT analysis
4. Developing a Logical Matrix Framework (LMF),
5. Research and elaboration of documentary fiches.
- Teaching Method:
- Ex-cathedra lectures, interactive presentations, debates, individual and group exercises.
- Final examination based on a written paper and tests + practical work during the semester.
- 1. Bryson, J., (2002) Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organisations, ed. ARC, 2002.
2. Mintzberg, M., (2008) The Rise and Fall of the Strategic PLanning, ed. Publica.
3. Pascariu, G., (coord.), (2004) Conceptual and methodological model for setting up a system of specific relations for regional planning in Romania, in the context of sustainable development of functional areas, AMTRANS Project no. 1A01 (sinteza cercetării), UAUIM.
4. Rădulescu, M., (coord.), 2009, Methodological framework for the elaboration of documents for territorial strategic planning in conformity with European practice in the field, UAUIM, CICADIT.
5. *** Guide proposed by The Economist Books for "STRATEGY", (1998) ed. Nemira.
6. *** Manual for Strategic Planning, (2009) GoR-SGG (www.sgg.ro/index.php?politici_publice_documente).