- Course Leader:
- conf. Andreea Iosif
- Learning outcomes:
- Parametric modeling is a topical concept that allows the definition of flexible shapes, which can easily generate the formal series for refining a certain design. The course is an optional one for year 3, ie those students already familiar with classical Rhinoceros modeling and who are willing to move on to the next level.
AN IMPORTANT SPECIFICATION: due to the fact that in the academic year 2020-2021 in the discipline of Virtual Modeling the Fusion 360 program has already been introduced, which was the subject of the optional year 3, this year the Parametric Modeling course will focus on another dedicated program: Grasshopper, which is a plug-in for Rhinoceros.
- 1. Introduction to parametric design. Launch the theme.
2. Recap of Rhinoceros 3D
3. Introduction to grasshopper, interface. Visual scripting components. Mathematical operations, geometric operations with dots and lines
4. Visual scripting in Grasshopper. Intervals, lists, series. Conditioners.
5. Visual scripting in Grasshopper. Surface subdivision strategies. Surface operations. Divisions. Annotation
6. Visual scripting in Grasshopper. Adaptive modeling. attraction
7. Advanced visual scripting in Grasshopper. Export geometry to VR space
8. Launch project themes. Discussions possible approaches
9. Development of the first ideas. Documentary discussions and first ideas
10. Establish the strategy for each topic
11. Intermediate criticism. Evaluation of the first ideas and architectural potential
12. Project work. Realization of ideas.
13. Project work. Final prototype, Detailed discussions
Export tests in VR space
14. Final handover with presentation and grading at the projector
- Teaching Method:
- Hands on computer work with guidance and theoretical explanations using digital projection.
- DETAILED INFORMATION AND SUPPORT MATERIALS WILL BE POSTED HERE:
The evaluation of the results in the current session will consist of the evaluation of the course activity, of the topics and of the final project, as follows:
- Active attendance at scheduled online meetings (minimum 5 open room attendance, in order to receive a grade in the current session) (20%)
- Resolving the topics received at each meeting (20%)
- Fulfillment of design tasks received during project corrections (30%)
- Incorporation of computational methods (which cannot be done manually, eg quasi-random variations) in the project (20%)
- Presentation of the drawings (10%)
manual Grasshopper Primer, Second Edition, 2013
1/ link download Rhinoceros7 (trial 90 zile)
2/ instructiuni instalare plugins pentru Rhino7 si Grasshopper - Package Manager
3/ tutoriale Rhino
4/ tutoriale Grasshopper
5/ proiectarea parametrica in Mincu, in Romania (idz.ro) si in lume