- Course Leader:
- lect. Monica Mureșanu
- Teaching Staff:
- lect. dr. arh. Monica Mureșanu, asist. dr. arh. Andreea Prelipcean, asist. dr. arh. Alexandra Vișan, asist. dr. arh. Raluca Trifa, asist. dr. arh. Oana Pavăl.
- Learning outcomes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the cultural heritage value of an architectural complex, identifying and inventorying those characteristics and elements which give an object its cultural heritage value, and which have to be conserved and restored;
- Theoretical lectures and specialized project (practical application of the theoretical notions acquired during the courses)
A complex didactic and professional exercise, individual and teamwork, the project is staged in two phases of study and design
The problem specific to the interior spaces is addressed in particular, which will be particularly detailed, without neglecting the general context of the building.
Both the theoretical and the practical approach highlight the multidisciplinary nature of the professional approach and propose, including at the didactic level, collaboration with several categories of specialists, including architects-restorers, artists-restorers, structural engineers, installation engineers, chemists, economists, etc.
- Teaching Method:
- Studio tutoring for individual study and work groups, the latter being predominant. Visits to restoration construction sites.
- Assessment of theoretical knowledge, coursework, within the course - 20%,
Continuous and summative evaluation within the project - 80%.
- ADAM, Jean Pierre. La construction romaine, matériaux et techniques
ASHURST, Practical Building Conservation
CANTACUZINO, S., Re/Architecture
DE JONGE, Krista and Koen VAN BALEN (editori). Preparatory Architectural Investigation in the Restoration of Historical Buildings
DUVAL, G., Restauration et reutilisation des monuments
FEILDEN, B: Conservation of Historic Buildings
FROIDEVAUX, Y.M., Techniques de l'architecture ancienne
FROSSEL, Frank. Uscarea zidăriilor și asanarea subsolurilor
MOUTON, B., Methodes d'analyse destructives et non destructives
OPREANU, M. : Suprafețe arhitecturale istorice, factori de formă, mediu și timp
XXX. Architectures et Decors Peints
Additionally, a bibliographic and documentary study is the responsibility of the student and a criterion for the evaluation of the project.