- Course Leader:
- lect. Anca Andreea Prelipcean
- Teaching Staff:
- Lect. dr. arh. Andreeea PRELIPCEAN Asist. dr. arh. Alexandra VISAN
- Learning outcomes:
- The course derives from the necessity to induce to the practicing of architectural forms the specific parameters of the matter required to build with and consequently to lead the students way of thinking towards a reasoning based on the fundamental building principles; the course aims to form and cultivate the students' the correct intuition in creating built forms; it is specially aimed the direct contact with the building materials through seminars with practical character stimulating students' creativity and direct involvment in the process of effective construction.
- Defining the object and area of study. Process of making objects through mass production. Relationships between key elements that influence this process.
Wood. Constructive structures using traditional materials. Specific wood assemblage methods. Relationship between function and the appearance of man made built form. Traditional and modern technologies. Constructive makings and structures.
Stone. Form as structure - structure as form. Natural form and man made structures. Traditional and modern technologies. Constructive makings and structures.
Ceramic masonry. Form as structure - structure as form. Natural form and man made structures. Traditional and modern technologies. Constructive makings and structures.
Metal. Contemporary versus traditional building materials - using specific properties of metals in building modern forms and structures. Structures and specific components. Relationship between metal structures and built interior or exterior space. Constructive makings and structures.
Reinforced concrete. Contemporary versus traditional building materials - using specific properties of a modern material in building new forms and structures. Structures and components. Relationship between reinforced concrete and built environment. Constructive makings and structures.
Intent (concept and constructive intent). Dependency vs. domination of framework: desired object's relationship to built environment / determining the integration of desired object to a specific context (historic framework, cultural heritage, etc.) / composition - contrast - key elements.
- Teaching Method:
- 14 courses - Interactive presentations digital video projections,5seminars - applying the notions explained during the courses through seminar assignments that require solving mainly by drawing solutions.
- Practical applications with ongoing activity evaluation and final evaluation through written exam(50% of the exam mark) and final assignment (50% of the exam mark). Turning in the practical applications for ongoing evaluation is mandatory in order to take the written exam. Students with no practical applications cannot take the final exam. Minimal mark for passing the written exam is 5 (five), Final mark = exam 60% + ongoing activity 40 %
- Rodica Crișan, CONSTRUCȚII DIN ZIDĂRIE ȘI BETON ARMAT, Editura universitară „Ion Mincu”, București, 2012
Mircea Crișan, STATICA FORMELOR CONSTRUITE - Note de curs 2009-2010, Editura universitară „Ion Mincu”, București, 2010
Rodica Crișan, CONSTRUCȚII DIN LEMN, Editura universitară „Ion Mincu”, București, 2003
Rodica Crișan, CONSTRUCȚII DIN OȚEL, Editura universitară „Ion Mincu”, București, 2003
Gh. Hubca, H.Iovu, M.Tomescu, I-A. Novac, MATERIALE COMPOZIȚIE, Editura Tehnică, 1999
Schulitz, Sobek, Habermann, STEEL CONSTRUCTION MANUAL, Birkäuser, Edition Detail, München, 2000
Herzog, Hatterer, Schweitzer, Volz, Winter TIMBER CONTRUCTION MANUAL Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2004;
Pfeifer, Ramcke, Achtziger, Zilch Masonry Construction Manual Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2001;
Kind-Barkauskas, Kauhsen, Polonyi, Brandt, CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION MANUAL, Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2002;
Herzog, Krippner, Lang FAÇADE CONSTRUCTION MANUAL, Birkhauser – Publischers for architecture, Edition Detail, 2004.
Periodicele din biblioteca U.A.U.I.M., cu precădere DETAIL JAPAN ARCHITECT,
TECHNIQUE & ARCHITECTURE
Colecție de standarde (STAS) pentru materiale
- The course is aimed esspecially to the development of constructive intuition and addresses all the sections of the Interior Architecture College considering that in the second year of study is absolutely necessary for to build a solid knowledge base about the constructive process in order to ensure a solid education of the students enrolled at the Interior Architecture College.