- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh. Gabriel Negoescu
- Teaching Staff:
- lect.dr.arh. Oana Mihăescu, lect.dr.arh. Ioana Șerbănescu, drd.arh. Aura Șova
- Learning outcomes:
- Developing a responsive way of integrated approach to sustainable design in interior architecture: both pragmatic, through competences related to the evolution of building requirements and performances, as well as responsible to the environmental protection and to users' with various abilities.
1. Acquiring the necessary skills for the use of normative acts and technical regulations in the design of interior architecture.
2. Getting familiar with the notions, principles and concepts of sustainable development.
3. Understanding the role of contemporary technologies in architectural design decisions.
4. Creative use of correct technical vocabulary.
5. Comparative investigation in the specialized literature of the technologies used in interior architecture.
6. Developing a personal critical apparatus of analysis and interpretation.
7. Generation of efficient solutions, friendly to the environment and responding to users' needs.
8. Conception of architectural technology details.
9. Stimulating creativity through the participatory involvement of students.
Requirements and performances in buildings
Accessibility and inclusive design in interior architecture
- Teaching Method:
- Illustrated lectures with digital support, explanations, conversations, individual and team exercises, group debates, quizzes, presentations by invited specialists.
- Continuous assessment (during the first semester, within the applications) and summative assessment (final exam - 30 grid-type questions and 3 free-response picture questions).
- NP068-2002 Normative for designing civil buildings from the point of view of the operational safety requirement
P118–99 Normative for fire safety of constructions
MP008–2000 Manual regarding examples, details and solutions for applying the regulations of the norm P118-99 "Fire safety of constructions"
NP051–2012 Normative for the adaptation of civil buildings and urban space to the individual needs of disabled people
NP063–2002 Normative regarding the specific performance criteria of stairs and ramps for pedestrian traffic in constructions
GP089–2003 Guide for designing stairs and ramps in buildings
Iris Popescu, "Inclusive Design. Empathy exercises in design", Bucharest, 2023.
AMAIS (Association of Alternative Methods of Social Integration), Public spaces without barriers. Recommendations for accessibility, The World Bank, 2022, https://amais.ro/proiecte/spatii-publice-fara-bariere/
DETAIL collection, Birkhäuser