This series of courses and practical seminars illustrate the fundamental means of describing and visualizing interior spaces using a specialized rendering software. By the end of the course the students will have acquired the skills necessary to compose, light, texture and render a scene with the focus on presenting an interior space in an efficient and professional manner.
1. Introduction and interface,
2. Basic modeling and editing notions including modifiers;
3. Cameras and lights – basic notions and common settings;
4. Material Editor and structure. Shaders;
5. Test – a simple model.
6. Individual theme launch – The presentation of interior space. Each student will choose one of the given interior models (or can specify one of their own)which will be presented through visualizations by the end of the semester;
7. Project work – import, scaling and positioning;
8. Composition study of light. Natural and artificial three-point lighting techniques;
9. Project work – final lighting and assessment of work;
10. Texturing. Common material properties;
11. UV mapping of objects and sub-objects;
12. Project work, final texturing and assessment of work;
13. Project work. Test rendering and post-processing;
14. Final presentation and final assessment with interactive feedback on digital projection
Hands on computer work with guidance and theoretical explanations using digital projection.
Weighted average of the tests (25%) and final examination (75%)
The final grade is conditioned by at least 2 feedback sessions with the teacher.
Autodesk Suport : http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support
"Learning 3DS Max" from Autodesk Learning Channel (youtube.com):