- Course Leader:
- conf. Cristina Pană
- Teaching Staff:
- profesori, conferențiari, lectori - îndrumători Diplome
- Learning outcomes:
- Acquiring a study for analysis and evaluation of the problems that constitute the core of the proposals for the diploma exam. The student will have to argue by this project: the opportunity of the proposed program, the problems solved by the topic and the proposed project, the aspects related to its sustainability and innovation.
- 1. Analysis of the existing situation - multicriteria analysis of the site chosen for the diploma project, with emphasis on its urban, architectural, cultural, morpho-stylistic characteristics and it's architectural lexicon (determining the architectural theme by defining compatibility with the place - natural or built site and with the proposed program).
2. The anamnesis (history) and the establishment of the values of the site, respectively of the values of the construction chosen for rehabilitation (determination of the opportunities and constraints of the site).
3. The chosen design program to be implemented and a first formulation of the proposed theme elements for the chosen site.
4. The analysis of the architectural or urban precedents, relevant for the chosen architectural program and the reasoned critical reporting to them.
5. Proposal for the project theme (with two PROPOSALS of site or functionalization and their comparative analysis).
6. Proposals for architectural intervention (schematic representations of the concept, functional distribution, etc.).
In case of proposals for interventions on a protected building (monument, historical ensemble and / or located in a protected built area) the following particular elements of substantiation of the intervention are necessary:
- marking the stages of realization of the existing built fund on the building surface;
- marking the significant, insignificant and / or harmful elements for the local and / or national cultural patrimony existing at the level of the fund built on the surface of the building;
- marking the conservation-restoration or functional rehabilitation interventions, as well as the new buildings designed as extension by integrated insertion.
- Teaching Method:
1. Different contextual analyzes with significant conclusions for defining the concept of the future project (site location, need for site function - analysis, etc.)
2. Location within the city, scale 1: 2000 and 1: 500.
3. Complete survey on a scale depending on the complexity of the project (1: 100, 1:50).
4. Depending on the amplitude and complexity of the intervention, the student must submit for 2 (TWO) PROPOSALS (functionalization of the chosen site / sites for the chosen function):
- functional schemes developed on the basis of the site survey, including possible extension proposals;
- general areas for the 2 (TWO) PROPOSALS, with their comparative analysis, at a level that makes intelligible the architectural intentions that will be developed at the pre-diploma phase
- at the scales required by the complexity of the intervention (1: 200, 1: 100, 1:50), depending on the size of the studied area.
The drawings will be written and taught in A3 color format (maximum 10 drawings), and the project theme will be taught in black and white A4 format.
The size of the final file must be A3 format.
The work will also be taught in digital format on CD / DVD with image files in .jpg or .pdf format - A3 and A4 sizes.
- The Diploma Project Fundamentals will be presented and supported in front of a commission in the Session January-February 2021. Following the promotion of the project of substantiation of the diploma (minimum grade 5, inclusive) the student obtains the positive approval to enter the next phase - Session 1: prediploma - dissertation.