- Course Leader:
- conf. Oana Diaconescu
- Teaching Staff:
- prof. dr. habil. arh. Beatrice-Gabriela Jöger, asist. dr. arh. int. & scenograf Silvia Ionescu, asist. dr. arh. Pietro Aurelian Dorissa, drd. arh. George Dobre
- Learning outcomes:
- - the ability to design modern office spaces,
to develop a concept, to solve the composition and functionality of an interior space
- understanding the integration of theory in design
- the ability to collaborate within the team
- the ability to make a public presentation
- Continuing the first project, the same students teams will design the interior architecture for the headquarters of a company (approximately 700 sqm).
The short project will start with visits of building sites and modern companies, benefiting of specialist consultancy from former FAI graduates.
The final delivery will be an idea presentation (competition), with an emphasis on the interior elements specific to interior design: atmosphere (materials, textures, colors), optimal functionality for the company's organizational chart, manufacturers (special furniture, partitions, floors, acoustic treatments, solutions) . lighting), pitch and budgeting exercise.
- Teaching Method:
- - ppt. presentations, building sites visits, real case studies and design studio tutoring
- - public presentation in front a jury (tutors and external guests)
- Brooker, G., Stone S. – Form and Structure in Interior Architecture, Bloomsbury Publishing, 2016
Dodsworth S., Anderson, S. – The Fundamentals of Interior Design, Bloomsbury Publishing, 2018
Higgins, Ian – Spatial Strategies for Interior Design, Lawrence King Publishing, 2015
Neufert, Ernst - Manualul arhitectului, Editura Alutus, 2004
*** Interior Design, Detail, Divisare, The Plan
- For the 2022 - 2023 academic year, the location is the former Palas Hotel - Bucharest.