Familiarize students with urban tissue multi-criteria analysis methods as a preliminary stage of architectural and urban projects intervention, in order to understand the evolution and characteristics of the protected built areas, ensuring the coherent development through the conservation and enhancement of the cultural heritage.
1. Principles of intervention in historical protected areas.
2. Issues, content and motivation of the multi-criteria analysis previously stage of interventions into a build protected area.
3. Multi-criteria analysis as a research tool of the components, characteristics and urban tissue evolution.
4. Analysis, evaluation and built interventions regulation - stages of the urban tissue research.
5. Features of the urban tissue research (studies case):
a - characteristics of the building locations on the parcel;
b - cartographical research as an analysis method for the evaluation of the urban tissue specific elements;
c - the archaeological research importance for the evaluation of the historical urban tissue and for the built interventions regulations.
6. Criteria for analysis and evaluation of specific elements into historical protected areas (urban / natural tissue).
7. Drafting techniques of the research data.
Stages of practical work (multi-criteria analysis application method to identifying the cultural values into a historical protected area)
1. Establishing of the mapping data analysis (criteria, categories, grades, evaluation);
2. The mapping data structure (records, tables, etc.);
3. Identifying the characteristics of the different types of protected areas (site visit);
4. Developing of the research synthesis;
5. Defining attitude towards the study area;
6. Regulatory ways to achieve to the coherent development, conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage;
7. Presentation of the research work and built proposals interventions.
- lectures with presentation of images (photos, plans etc.);
- site visits (historic center of Sibiu);
- discussion paper to guide
- during the semester (discussion on the issues raised);
- development and support (oral presentation) practical work.
Historical and current plans and guides the city of Sibiu, publications, articles and unpublished studies;