- Course Leader:
- conf. Petru Mortu
- Learning outcomes:
- Understanding of the architecture survey as a decisive instrument in the process of architectural design, an operation which cannot be replaced by other methods. The main goal is introducing and training students in the use of surveying techniques, architecture research and interpretation of the information gathered by in situ analysis. To this adds training in the effective and suggestive representation in drawing of the surveyed object, highlighting all recorded features.
- 1. Definitions. Scope and general principles of the architecture survey.
2. Surveying with traditional methods. Practical exercises.
3. Surveying with topographical equipment. Base elements. Working with Leica TCR 407 total station.
4. The photographic survey. Practice and technical limitations.
5. The architectural research. Applications and interpretation of data gathered in the fieldwork.
6. The contents of the survey. Setting the level of detailing according to the objectives.
7. The graphic representation of the survey.
8. The survey memo. Presenting the working method. Listing of information which cannot be recorded in the graphic material.
- Teaching Method:
- Exam - 50%
Practical exercises - 50%
- Boato, Anna, L'archeologia in architettura. Misurazioni, stratigrafie, datazioni, restauro, Venezia, 2008;
Carbonara, Giovanni, Atlante del Restauro, Torino, 2004;
Carbonara, Giovanni, Dieci tesi di restauro (1982 - 1985), Roma, Universita degli Studi di Roma „La Sapienza”, 1997;
Cramer, Johannes, Breitling, Stefan, Architecture in Existing Fabric. Planning Design Building, Basel, Birkhauser, 2007;
Feilden, Bernard M., Conservation of Historic Buildings, Architectural Press, Oxford, 1982, Ed. a III-a, 2003;
De Meo, Mauro, S. Pietro di villamagne. Presso anagni. Una villa romana si transforma in abbazia), Roma, Universita degli Studi di Roma „La Sapienza”, 1998;
Varagnoli, Claudio, La construzione in Abruzzo. Fonti materiali e tecniche construttive dalla fine del Medioevo all`Ottocento, Gangemi, 2008;