- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.ing. Mihaela Georgescu
- Learning outcomes:
- Transmission of knowledge with physical and technical bases for the purpose of designing buildings that meet sustainability requirements.
Acquiring advanced notions regarding the achievement of indoor comfort conditions (for winter, summer and transition periods) in the practice of designing energy-efficient buildings - defining physical phenomena, criteria, parameters, analyzing solutions and their impact on integrated design.
- - Legislation, regulations, recent European standards - regarding the building envelope. Minimum requirements for energy performance and for the achievement of indoor comfort and hygienic-sanitary conditions. The need to integrate comfort requirements with energy performance requirements, with fire safety requirements, indoor air quality, seismic risk insurance and care for fitting into the urban fabric.
- Considerations regarding the passive house, the active house. nZEB buildings versus indoor comfort conditions. Multicriteria evaluation systems, principles, systems, weighting of interior comfort and energy performance requirements. The BREEAM system. Research results of the European X-TENDO project: comfort indicators for the new generation of energy certificates for buildings.
- Thermal comfort: the thermal balance of the human body; standard thermal comfort assessment model; adaptive comfort.
- Indoor air quality: indoor pollution of civil rooms: pollutants, effects, results of research in the field, solutions, allowed concentrations of pollutants and the need for ventilation. Ventilation systems: description of operation, recommendations for use.
- Air flow required for buildings with different utilities. Natural ventilation and hybrid ventilation solutions; trends, special technical achievements, wind towers, draft activators. Examples of outstanding achievements.
- Increasing the energy performance of buildings versus the decarbonization of the external environment. nZEB and ZEB type buildings. Roadmap to 2030 and 2050. Proposals regarding the amendment of the Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings. Final debates.
- Teaching Method:
- Interactive participation
- - DIRECTIVE 2010/31/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 19 May 2010 on the energy performance of buildings
- DIRECTIVE (EU) 2018/844 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 30 May 2018 amending Directive 2010/31/EU on the energy performance of buildings and Directive 2012/27/EU on energy efficiency
- EN 16798-1:2019 Energy performance of buildings - Part 1: Indoor environmental input parameters for design and assessment of energy performance of buildings addressing indoor air quality, thermal environment, lighting and acoustics - Module M1-6
- Seismic and Energy Renovation: A Review of the Code Requirements and Solutions in Italy and Romania, E.S. Georgescu, MS Georgescu, and others, Sustainability 2018, 10, 1561; doi:10.3390/su10051561
- Specific aspects in the case of the hygrothermal analysis of the facades of large panel buildings, M.S. Georgescu, I. Bliuc, V. Demir, Romanian Journal of Civil Engineering, Volume 4 (2013), Number 3, Matrix.Rom