- Course Leader:
- prof.dr.arh. Rodica Crișan
- Learning outcomes:
- - Knowledge of the cultural and operative scenarios in which the chosen research topic is located. Completing and deepening the knowledge necessary for the development of the personal research.
− Understanding the values embodied by the existing constructions as «reusable resources» in general and «non-renewable resources» in particular.
- Awareness and assumption of reducing the environmental impact of construction processes by reusing existing buildings.
- Developing the ability to find, select and use relevant information for a specific research purpose, and to build hypotheses and original points of view based on the gained information. - The ability to interpret, explain and argue the results of own research.
- The ability to publicly communicate the results of personal research and to have a constructive dialogue in a specialized group of researchers.
- Within a flexible didactic parcourse adapted to the research interests of the students, the following indicative themes are proposed:
– Contemporary attitudes towards the built heritage.
– Reducing the environmental impact of the construction sector through rehabilitation. Peculiarities and limits of energetic rehabilitation in the case of historical buildings. "Green", "Zero Energy" and "Low Carbon" principles in the rehabilitation of existing buildings.
– Treatments applied to existing buildings and specific terminology.
– Specific problems and general principles of rehabilitation.
– Use value and cultural value of built resources. An integrative evaluation method as a basis for intervention decisions. – Housing rehabilitation, a priority in sustainable development. Overview and case studies.
– Habitation and local cultural identity. Traditional urban housing in the Romanian extra-Carpathian territory: typology, age and current state. Potential for rehabilitation.
– Rehabilitation of post-war collective housing. Overview and case studies.
– Rehabilitation of redundant constructions through adaptive reuse.
– Building degradation and materials’ decay.
- Teaching Method:
- Interactive course with multimedia digital visual support.
The course will include lectures with topics chosen by mutual agreement with the students according to their research interests, followed by discussions. These lectures will be complemented with presentations by doctoral students regarding their own research, as a basis for group debates.
- Doctoral students will receive "admitted/rejected" qualificatives and the corresponding credits, depending on their participation in the activities organized during the semester.
- • Crișan, R. „Reabilitarea patrimoniului construit. Teorie și tehnică”. București 2023.
• Crișan, R., „Conservation vs Demolition: an ethical approach.” In Crișan, R. et al. (eds.), Conservation/Demolition. EAAE, Hasselt, 2020. Available at: la: https://www.eaae.be/publications/transactions/.
• Crișan, R., „De la Cartele ICOMOS la realitate. Studiu de caz: București / From the ICOMOS Charters to Reality. Case Study: Bucharest.” In Transsylvania Nostra nr.1/2020.
• Crișan, R., „Atitudini contemporane față de patrimoniul construit / Contemporary attitudes towards built heritage”. In Transsylvania Nostra nr.4/2018.
• Crișan, R., ”Uses and Abuses of Reconstruction.” In Holtorf, C., Kealy, L., Kono, T., (eds), A contemporary provocation: reconstructions as tools of future-making. Selected papers from the ICOMOS University Forum Workshop on Authenticity and Reconstruction, Paris, 13 – 15 March 2017 [on line]. Paris, 2018. Available at: http://openarchive.icomos.org/1851/.
• Crișan, R., ”The Dilemma of the Redundant Churches: to Lose or to Reuse?” In Fiorani, D., Kealy, L., Musso, S. F. (eds.), Conservation/Adaptation: Keeping alive the spirit of the place. Adaptive reuse of heritage with symbolic value. EAAE, Hasselt, 2017. Available at: https://www.eaae.be/publications/transactions/.
• Crișan, R., ”Some reflections on abandoned small historic centres”. In Crișan, R., Fiorani, D., Kealy, L., Musso, S. F. (eds.), Conservation/Reconstruction. Small Historic Centres in the Midst of Change. EAAE, Hasselt, 2015. Available at: https://www.eaae.be/publications/transactions/.
• Crișan, R., Macri, Z., Panait A. (eds), Visions on Mass-Housing Sustainable Rehabilitation. București, 2011.
• Crișan, R. (coord), Reabilitarea blocurilor de locuințe cu supraetajare In sistem constructiv metalic. București, 2008.
• Crișan, R., Reabilitarea locuirii urbane tradiționale. București, 2004.
• Crișan, R., Analiza integrativă a valorii culturale și de utilizare a clădirilor existente (Ghid), vol. 1 și 2. București, 2004.
• Council of Europe, Convention for the Protection of the Architectural Heritage of Europe. Granada, 1985.
• Council of Europe, European Charter of the Architectural Heritage. Amsterdam, 1975. Congress on the European Architectural Heritage, The Declaration of Amsterdam. Amsterdam, 1975.
• EAAE, Transactions (series of thematic volumes). Available at: https://www.eaae.be/publications/transactions/
• ICOMOS, The Valletta Principles for the Safeguarding and Management of Historic Cities, Towns and Urban Areas. Paris, 2011.
• Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Resolution 916: Redundant religious buildings, 1989.
• TICCIH, The Nizhny Tagil Charter for the Industrial Heritage, 2003.
• United Nations Climate Change Conference, Manifesto for responsible architecture. Paris, 2015.
• UNESCO, The Paris Declaration „On heritage as a driver of development”, 2011. /
• Balazs (Zybaczynski), V., Culoarea In reabilitare. UAUIM, 2013.
• Labo, A.M., Valorificarea sustenabilă a patrimoniului vernacular rural din România. UAUIM, 2014.
• Moldovean (Mureșanu), M., Conservarea fațadelor eclectice: cazul București. UAUIM, 2012.
• Prelipcean, A., Reabilitarea culturală a centrelor civice. Direcții de intervenție In orașe istorice din România. UAUIM, 2014.
• Soceanu (Macri), Z., Reabilitarea blocurilor de locuinte colective construite In România In perioada 1950-1990. UAUIM, 2007.
• Trifa, R., Posibilități de recuperare sustenabilă a arhitecturii industriale istorice. Cazul Timișoara. UAUIM, 2015.
• Velescu, R., Arhitectura coruptă. Posibilități de reabilitare. UAUIM, 2015. /
Specialized bibliographic sources will be indicated directly to the students, according to the research interests of each one.