The Faculty of Urbanism / Landscape and Territory
UP-131 | Dissertation project
Department: Urban and Landscape Design
- Course Leader:
- prof.dr.arh. Cerasella Crăciun
- Teaching Staff:
- Secția Amenajarea și Planificarea Peisajului, Departamentul Proiectare Urbană și Peisagistică, din Facultatea de Urbanism.
- Learning outcomes:
- Project Graduation Dissertation is the final project of the "Landscape and Territory" Masteral Program and current concerns lies in the area of rehabilitation and establishing intervention strategies for exploatation of aesthetic and functional areas / sub-areas, which considers as a priority criteria, in development of the landscape and urban context. The dissertation will be addressed to a real site and will benefit from organizing field trips, and opportunities to discuss urban actors involved in the process (people, public administration specialists, and so on). The project is focused on a case case of complex areas landscaping free or released, from an urban setting with high difficulty level and macro-landscape territory. The study is done by passing large scale territorial (macro-) to mezzo-scale landscape, by creating a detail of special importance in that context. The project will include both pieces drawn and written components (memory) / models and integrate some applied research design.
- It will focus on integration and correlation of all proposals in their areas, approached as a whole, as well as the meanings of research approach and develop a unified concept. The dissertation will be uo approach, taking into account the basic specializarae master licensee in respect transdisciplinary, given its format may be different (landscape urban planner, urban planner, architect, sociologist, anthropologist, ethnologist, ethnographer, horticulturist, forester, etc.).
- Teaching Method:
- It is based on knowledge gained from practical and theoretical subjects in previous years, the presentation of similar case studies of urban/landscape scale and the individual bibliographic study, workshop discussions, criticism of the panel, Net portal and web group as virtual exchange of ideas between students and teamwork (tutors).
- The appreciation of drawn and written parts of Disertations developed collectively / individually, evaluation of completed work, appreciation of tutors. Final assessment will be done in the jury for the entire year (for the entire year correlation of the notes). Students will be involved in marking their projects, and projects scoring teammates and whole year.
- Specific references to all theoretical and practical subjects addressed in previous years of study.
Specific references and themes chosen for the study area (legislation, documents and documentation and landscape urbanism, historical and archival sources, statistical data, etc.).
Similar case studies problematic; individual research.