The designers’ traditional means of expression – 2D technical drawings, perspective sketchingand models – have seen an enormous diversification in present times, going past the role of communicatingthe concept inside the mind of the author and through to the juxtaposition of this role in the design process: from a means of artistic expression to the mediation of the concept creation process. As far as documentation and surveying are concerned, the role of the tape measure and the camera has been taken over by laser telemetry and stereo-photogrametry. Through current technology, reality initself can be augmented. Without going too much into the dangers of such an approach, the course proposes an exposure to current digital means that augment our profession, a knowledge that can’t be absent in the contemporary designers’ tool kit.
1. Contemporary representation techniques; Image-Model-Reality;
2. Virtual sculpting – deep canvas;
3. Virtual and augmented reality - Applications in architecture and design;
4. Physical world through images – photospheres and HDRI;
5. Conversion of a photograph into a 3D model – perspective restitution;
6. Physical space into digital space: photogrametry and 3D scanning;
7. Reproduction of virtual models: additive and subtractive procedures.
1. Virtual sculpting and painting on 3D models;
2. 3D texture capture and correct publication of the model;
3. Loading, calibration and visualization of a 3D model in AR;
4. Creating a correct photosphere and publishing the result;
5. Perspective restitution – work on individual images of proposed spaces;
6. Generating a personal photogrametry
7. Presentation of the final portfolio.
Hands on computer work with guidance and theoretical explanations using digital projection.
Evaluation of portfolios..
Final grade is conditioned by a minimum attendance of 50% + 1presence.
Andreea IOSIF, "Imagistica proiectării contemporane", Editura UAUIM, 2013
Discipline web page: https://stufonote.wixsite.com/cgimincu/copy-of-vizualizari-de-obiect
YouTUBEchannel A.Iosif: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClT54XgMEV7Cxy78J_wATFA