The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
SFA-48 | Object Visualization
Department: Study of Form and Ambience
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh Andreea Iosif
- Teaching Staff:
- Mihai Chisărău
- Learning outcomes:
- This series of courses and practical seminars illustrate the fundamental means of describing and visualizing forms using a specialized rendering software. By the end of the course the students will have acquired the skills necessary to compose, light, texture and render a scene with the focus on presenting a design product in an efficient and professional manner.
- Module 1
1. Introduction and interface,
2. Basic modeling and editing notions including modifiers;
3. Cameras and lights – basic notions and common settings;
4. Material Editor and structure. Shaders;
5. Test – a simple model.
6. Individual theme launch – The presentation of a design product. Each student will choose a design model which will be presented through visualizations by the end of the semester;
7. Project work – import, scaling and positioning;
8. Composition study of light. Natural and artificial three-point lighting techniques;
9. Project work – final lighting and assessment of work;
10. Texturing. Common material properties;
11. UV mapping of objects and sub-objects;
12. Project work, final texturing and assessment of work;
13. Project work. Test rendering and post-processing;
14. Final presentation and final assessment with interactive feedback on digital projection
- Teaching Method:
- Hands on computer work with guidance and theoretical explanations using digital projection.
- Weighted average of the tests (25%) and final examination (75%)
The final grade is conditioned by at least 2 feedback sessions with the teacher.
Autodesk Suport: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support
"Learning 3DS Max" from Autodesk Learning Channel (youtube.com):