- Course Leader:
- conf. Andreea Iosif
- Teaching Staff:
- Andreea Iosif
- Learning outcomes:
- The designers’ traditional means of expression – 2D technical drawings, perspective sketchingand models – have seen an enormous diversification in present times, going past the role of communicatingthe concept inside the mind of the author and through to the juxtaposition of this role in the design process: from a means of artistic expression to the mediation of the concept creation process. As far as documentation and surveying are concerned, the role of the tape measure and the camera has been taken over by laser telemetry and stereo-photogrametry. Through current technology, reality initself can be augmented. Without going too much into the dangers of such an approach, the course proposes an exposure to current digital means that augment our profession, a knowledge that can’t be absent in the contemporary designers’ tool kit.
- 1. Course with exercise: live demo in Unreal Engine on a model with deficiencies vs a professional model. Establishing the objectives for the competition.
2. Course with exercise: Initialization in Unreal Engine – model optimization and import. References. Practical export-import exercise
3. Workshop - Inspection and evaluation of the first solution (contest analysis phase) by each participant from the point of view of the possibilities of use within a virtual experience.
4. Course with exercise: Lights and introduction to materials - mockup material, dedicated shader typologies and their use scenarios. Continuation of the exercise from session 2
5. Course with exercise - testing virtual models built using the knowledge acquired in sessions 1-4.
6. Workshop – scene testing - optimization
7. Workshop – scene testing - lights
8. Course with exercise: Visual programming of the visiting experience. Introductory notions of blueprints exemplified by exercises
9. Course with exercise: Visual programming of the visiting experience. Usual blueprints in architectural presentations (door or light bulb with automatic release, teleportation points, movement of the sun, spatialized sounds)
10-14 Workshop - correction and improvement of created scenes.
- Teaching Method:
- Hands on computer work with guidance and theoretical explanations using digital projection.
- Evaluation of portfolios..
Final grade is conditioned by a minimum attendance of 50% + 1presence.
- Andreea IOSIF, "Imagistica proiectării contemporane", Editura UAUIM, 2013
Discipline web page: https://stufonote.wixsite.com/cgimincu/copy-of-vizualizari-de-obiect
YouTUBEchannel A.Iosif: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClT54XgMEV7Cxy78J_wATFA