The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
SFA-23 | Virtual Modeling
Department: Study of Form and Ambience
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh Andreea Iosif
- Teaching Staff:
- Mihai Chisarau
- Learning outcomes:
- During this course the students will learn how to handle virtual modeling and use it in their current design activity, from creating a conceptual shape through to detailing it and creating the execution and detailing drawings.
1. Interface. Drawing precision;
6. Decomposition of a volume into planar pieces;
7. Detailing and laser / CNC milling mockup.
1. Visual control of a scene. Precise drawing exercises;
2. Common surface generation tools: Extrude and Revolve;
3. Curves and Surfaces: Sweep and Network;
4. Curves and Surfaces: Loft, BlendSrf;
5. TEST1: Building of a model based on strict sections;
6. Drawing over a reference image (Rietveld chair)
7. 2D stencil application on generated volume (Mace, part 1)
8. Orientation and alignment on curves and surfaces (Mace, part 2)
9. Deformers: iterations of steps on staircase;
10. TEST 2: model mockup for the final project (individual theme);
11. Project presentation–2D views, annotation and dimensions;
12. Project presentation–the physical model: Fabrication exercise using laser cutting (part 1);
13. Project presentation–the physical model: Fabrication exercise using laser cutting (part 2);
14. Final presentation: virtual model, physical model and drawing.
- Teaching Method:
- Hands on computer work with guidance and theoretical explanations using digital projection.
- Weighted average of the tests (2 x 20%) and final examination (60%)
Bonus: max 20% for seminar activity
Penalty: 5% for each absence above 8 absences.
- Discipline webpage: https://stufonote.wixsite.com/cgimincu/modelare-virtuala
YouTUBE channel: A. Iosif: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClT54XgMEV7Cxy78J_wATFA
A.IOSIF, "Modelarevirtuală – caiet de laborator", Editura UAUIM, 2013