The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
IT-17 | Theory of Research
Department: History & Theory of Architecture and Heritage Conservation
- Course Leader:
- prof.dr.arh. Augustin Ioan
- Learning outcomes:
- The experience with theoretical papers at the end of studies (bachelor, master and PhD) proves that one needs to accommodate the students with the aims, methods and protocols of research in architecture. At the end of the course, the students will hopefully be able to work within the research field of their profession and to elaborate in writing their findings and arguments.
- Academic writing. Rules of writing, quotation and references. Bibliographies.
The abstract of a research paper.
Methodological perspectives and paradigms. What is a hyplothesis?
Building and proving an argument.
Master and PhD thesises.
Presentation of the abstract of the theoretical paper by each student
At the end of the course, each student should be able to continue working, based on the approved abstract and following the guidance of each supervising professor.
- Teaching Method:
- Teaching and presentations by each student
- Presentation by each student oral and in writing
- Eco Cum se redacteaza o teza de licenta
MLA writing manual