17 March, 2015
Digital Architecture History, Heritage Conservation and Landscape
In the week of 20-25 april Alex Dill from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology will do a short visit at our university. In the period 21-14 april Pia Fricker from the ETH Zürich will be also present at our university.
The visit of Alex Dill follows more objectives:
- the launch of the book "Digital architecture history of the first half of the 20th century in Europe" by Maria Bostenaru Dan, Alex Dill, Cristina Olga Gociman printed at the "Ion Mincu" publishing house, which will be shortly available on the site, on the 23rd of april, 17:00 (please see the programme). Both the printing of the book and the short visits for collaboration were funded by NeDiMAH "Network for Digital Methods in Arts and Architecture"
- Lectures in frame of the Doctoral School at the Moxa headquarters, before the launch (see the programme). These include the conservation issues of the villa Tugendhat in Brno with book presentation and film, challenges of the sites of the Modern Movement in Est- West Europe comparison, for the Werkbund example, the problems of authenticity in reconstruction and an overview of the research experience in the conservation of buildings, sites and neighbourhoods of the Modern Movement. Alex Dill will also participate at the doctoral colloquium of the Le Notre Forum in the afternoon of the 21st of April. This takes place in frame of the ERASMUS cooperation between the two universities.
The visit of Pia Fricker follows the objectives:
- to present the activity of the Chair of landscape architecture at the ETH Zürich in the field of teaching, activity with a strong digital component. In 2014 the Digital Landscape Architecture conference took place there. With this goal she will give a lecture at the Doctoral School in frame of the same event as Alex Dill (please consult the attached programme).
- to get acquinted with the activity of our university for future cooperation, for which goal there will be meetings with the leaders of the department, faculty, university, international relations, but also with staff involved in digital landscape (young doctors).
- participation to the Le Notre forum, including a round table talk on the 23rd of april, 16:00.
- ideas exchange in the digital field and the heritage of Bucharest with the host Maria Bostenaru Dan and Alex Dill, regarding also NeDiMAH activities, especially digital landscape architecture.
Pia Fricker's participation is financially sustained by her home university. More about Pia Fricker and the chair at the ETH Zürich can be read at girot.arch.ethz.ch/about-us/welcome-to-our-chair/current-staff