Bucium Summer University (UdV Bucium) benefits of co-funding by the Administration of the National Cultural Fund (AFCN), by the National Order of Architects in Romania (OAR) from the Architectural Stamp Duty 2022 and by the Prince’s Foundation.
Duration: Saturday, July 23 - Sunday, August 07, 2022
Host: RPER Association
Partners: OAR Alba, National Institute of Heritage (INP), „Ion Mincu” University of Architecture and Urban Planning in Bucharest (UAIUMB-FA, UAIUMB-FAI) „Babeș-Bolyai” University in Cluj-Napoca (UBB-FG), Centre of Excellence in Image Study (CESI), The Bucium Town Hall, „Baia Domnilor” Association, „Cluj Guided Tours” Associations, „Igloo” Magazine, „Arhitectura” Magazine.
Place: Bucium county, district of Alba (Apuseni Mountains, nearby Roșia Montană-UNESCO Site)
Places for Students: 16: 12 Architecture, especially 2nd cycle, Post-University or Ph.D., (8 from Romania and 4 from abroad, Ukraine included), 2 Geography, 2 Philology (CESI).
Purpose: awareness, protection, promotion of the cultural heritage of Bucium county (composed of 30 villages) through interdisciplinary activities and with the involvement of local communities
Practical activities: on site and at the Summer University seat (investigation, architecture surveys, landscape and tourism studies, photographic documentation, image study, workshops etc.). The collected information will be processed in order to be presented in the final exhibition of the summer university and in „Repertoire of Rural Heritage in Bucium – 8th Notebook” (see Repertoire Notebooks 1-7th at: http://rper.ro/publicatii.php).
- Workshop for producing wooden tiles („Șindrilă”) in traditional techniques
- Workshop of rehabilitation of some traditional bread ovens
- Architectural survey of a historical monument: „Saint Archangels” Church from Izbita village
- Rehabilitation/ interior design proposal for two traditional houses
- Listing decorative motifs from Bucium costumes and a sewing workshop („Șezătoare”)
- Tourism workshop: initiation and promotion of some thematic itineraries and some networks of tourism services that locals can offer, capitalizing on the discoveries from previous summer university editions
- Workshop of image study and exploration/exploitation of online media
Lectures and debates supported by specialists in the field of rural heritage, from Romania and abroad, face-to-face and online
The key moments of the Summer University (opening and closing festivities, presentation of the results of the projects carried out by the participants) can also be followed online, based on prior registration at the email address: email@example.com
The detailed program will be published in the periodical „Presentation Notebook” of UdV Bucium 2022.
- Iozefina Postăvaru – Art historian, National Institute of Heritage
- Codina Dușoiu – Assoc. prof. Ph. D. architect, UAUIM, Bucharest
- Mihaela Lazăr– Assist. prof. Ph. D. architect, UAUIM, Bucharest, adjunct coordinator of UdV Bucium
- Gabriel Panasiu – Senior lecturer Ph.D. architect., UAUIMB, Department of History & Theory of Architecture and Heritage Conservation
- Cristina Bolog – Senior lecturer Ph.D. geographer „Babeș-Bolyaiˮ University Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Geography
- Dragoș Băbeanu – architect
- Octavian Mănoiu – architect
Coordinator: Ștefana Bianu, engineer, President RPER-France
President RPER-Romania: Ph.D. archaeologist Ioana Bogdan-Cătăniciu
Organizers will ensure guidance and assistance as well as logistics for all activities of the Bucium Summer University, will support the cost of accommodation, meals and national/local travel during the event and will grant a Certificate of participation, which can be used as equivalence for school practice or extra-curricular credits.
Students will bear the cost of medical insurance and the registration fee of 500 Lei/100 Euro (of which 100 Lei will be transferred to RPER upon confirmation of admission to UdV Bucium 2022, and 400 Lei at the beginning of the edition).
Students are required to bring their own laptop and camera and to sign the UdV Bucium rules of conduct.
The organization of the Bucium 2022 Summer University will take into account all conditions required by the authorities for public cultural meetings.
Registration (only for physical participation):
Please fill-in (electronically) the Registration Form attached to this announcement and send it to all the 3 addresses mentioned below:
- RPER: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mihaela Lazăr: email@example.com
- Codina Dușoiu: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 30, 2022: transmission of the filled Registration Forms
July 1, 2022: announcement of the selected participants
July 5, 2022: payment of the first part of the participation fee and announcement of the detailed program on www.facebook.com/asociatia.rper
July 23, 2022: payment of the final part of the participation fee
“The project does not necessarily represent the position of the Administration of the National Cultural Fund (AFCN) or of the Romanian Order of Architects (OAR). AFCN and OAR are not responsible for the content of the project or how the results of the project may be used. These are entirely the responsibility of the beneficiary of the funding.”