The Faculty of Urbanism / Landscape Design and Planning
IT-16 | Aesthetics
Department: History & Theory of Architecture and Heritage Conservation
- Course Leader:
- lect.dr.filosof. Ștefan Vianu
- Learning outcomes:
- This course aims to bring a broad interpretative approach emphasizing the main doctrines in the evolution of art and architecture, demystifying different ideologies that undermine architecture today, from an aesthetic perpective. The course focuses on contemporary debates of the art and architectural discourse.
- The culture of living and the culture of nature (gardening); the influence of the environment;
'Du paysage urbain';
Urbanism between functional and aesthetic;
Modern and contemporary theoretical perspectives on urban space;
The problem of heritage and its aesthetic dimension.
Modern art and modern architecture.
Contemporary art and the problem of public art.
- Teaching Method:
Case studies as examples of theoretical concepts.
- Individual discussion with the student on the outline of a thesis/topic chosen by the student = 50%
An essay during the semester - 50%
- R. Assunto, The City of Amfion and the city of Prometheus;
F. Biciusca, The centre of inhabited world;
G.M. Cantacuzino, On a reconstructive easthetics;
F. Choay, The heritage allegory. Urbanism: utopia and realities;
N. Leach, Anaesthetics of Architecture;
P.A. Michelis, The aesthetics of architecture.