The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Interior Architecture
ST-38 | Special Architectural Finishings
Department: Technical Sciences
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh Gabriela Mindu
- Learning outcomes:
- The ability to link specific information from related fields (structural engineering, installations, building physics, acoustics, fire protection, environmental protection and human health, etc..) Ability to select the best systems and / or compositions related to finishings consistent with the given assignment and in accordance with performance norms nationally / internationally valid, the ability to use the newest systems available in Romanian and international markets.
- Windows and doors profile systems and special fittings: resistant to fire, burglary, armor, self-locking, etc - Types and uses.
Special painting systems (modern techniques of decoration, textured, etc.).
Special finishing works for walls and ceiling (wood panels, masks, radiators, etc.).
Dry tiling and acoustic treatment to walls and ceilings - Principles of design, comparative analysis of known examples.
Divisions made of removable panels to be used in multifunctional spaces.
Medium height vertical separators, used in areas with large openings.
Raised floors - types, compositions, usage, concealed facilities and equipment, fittings, detail solutions.
Proiectarea pardoselilor de interior cu calitati îmbunatatite: pardoseli termoizolate sau radiante peste spatii neîncalzite; flotante. Design of interior flooring of improved quality: insulated or radiant floors over unheated spaces, floating floors.
Waterproof decking. Finisaje speciale pentru pardoseli utilizate în spatii cu functiuni publice. Special finishes for floors used in areas with public functionality. Structural flooring.
Joints between different types of finishes - walls, ceilings, floors, insulation, extensions: their connection with the seismic or expansion joints, etc.., made with mechanical fasteners, with adhesives or profiles, etc..
Integration of equipment and facilities in the general view of the interior (fireplaces, fans or air conditioning in the floor, walls, ceilings, roof, heating sistems in floors, walls, ceilings, etc..) - Types, solutions, details.
Skylights. Retrofitting an attic - overview of types of roof systems. Design principles.
Retrofitting an attic - higrotermic behavior and optimization of energy efficiency in accordance with current norms.
- Teaching Method:
- Theoretical lectures accompanied by illustrative material. The course presentation is made with Powerpoint and projected onto a screen.
- Final score = score of examination (50%) + score of individual work of deepening / synthesis on a theme of choice (50%)
- DABIJA Ana-Maria, Documentație tâmplării, UAUIM ; ESSER Klaus, Details... Details ; LORENZO Soledad, New european furniture design, Barcelona 9 vol. (I + II) ; MANNES Willibald, Technique de construction des escaliers, Eyrolles, Paris, 1992 ; MITTAG Martin, Practique de la Construction ; RAMSEY & SLEEPER, Graphic Standards ; STAN Alexandru, Finisaj - partea I, curs IAIM ed. 1989 ; STAN Alexandru, DABIJA Ana-Maria, Addenda la cursul de Finisaj ; STAN Alexandru, DABIJA Ana-Maria, Sinteză documentară de tavane cu finisaj uscat ; STAN Alexandru, DABIJA Ana-Maria, PRUNCU C., Documentație de pardoseli în soluții moderne ; TEODORESCU Florin, Curs Finisaj ; VITTONE René, Bâtir - Manuel de la construction, Lausanne, 1996; WELSH John, Modern house, Phaidon, 1996.