- capability of information synthesis (case studies, specific aspects, technical data) and of existing space analysis: volumetry, interior – exterior relationship, technical issues (structure, installations)
- the ability to find functional solutions, to express a concept from the general composition to the details
- integration of theory into design
- the collaboration within the design team
- passing through all the design stages: analysis, concept, composition, functional solution, model studies, final drafting and public presentation
Spaces for intellectual activities
P1 - Office spaces design
Based on a real theme, the project proposes to approach a complex architectural program: office space with multiple interrelated functions, according to the client's organizational chart.
P2 - Spaces for education
The university new attic offers new spaces for new activities. The project will begin with the proposal of a theme, based on surveys of the client needs.
S - Sketch - short project without guiding - the theme is correlated with the projects.
- theoretical lectures and multimedia presentations
- individual research, site visits
- specific products investigation – finishing materials, textiles, furniture, lighting solutions
- guidance, intermediate presentations
- project presentation in front of the jury
- the final grade is calculated as the average of the notes from the final presentations
Higgins, Ian – Spatial Strategies for Interior Design, Lawrence King Publishing, 2015
Neufert, Ernst - Manualul arhitectului, Editura Alutus, 2004
Pallasmaa, Juhani – Privirea care atinge: arhitectura și simțurile, Editura Fundației Arhitext design, 2015, București
Interior Design, Detail, The Plan, Arhitectural Lighting