• Going through and deepening architectural programs with a high degree of complexity and solution, which require not only the completion of knowledge of functionality and ergonomics but also of architectural culture and anthropological approach to the categories of subjects / clients;
• Exercising the capacity of selection and synthesis in the hierarchical ordering of the elements that compose and influence the interior architecture;
• Ability to document, compile and structure information and bibliography on a given topic;
• Ability to build a theme and an architectural response in accordance with it, focused on a type of beneficiary with its particularities;
• The ability to find for the architectural product, a concept capable of subordinating architectural thinking;
• The ability to build through the project, a creative identity starting from the models of inspiration;
• Raising the level of knowledge regarding the theory of architecture, the articulation of the different functions that coexist in the studied programs as well as the technical possibilities of the various materials chosen in the architectural solution;
• Understanding and correctly solving the various technical requirements that need to be taken into account in the design of the interior space;
• Ability to write and represent at the level of architectural competition, of elaborated projects.
• Ability to manage a project from the documentation phase to the final stage of support.
The curriculum of the first semester carries out two projects with guidance and three short ones - one-day sketch, without guidance.
The first concerns the realization of the project of a commercial space, in one of the malls of Bucharest, with the intuition of a feasible profile that would bring an added value to the complex of which it is part.
The second, the design of a restaurant with a specific profile - chosen and argued by the student - and a service kitchen, in an area of offices and other functions in Bucharest.
Short projects, without guidance, have a duration of eight hours and themes connected to the reality of the projects or the society in which we live.
The theme is presented throughout the year through theoretical lectures and multimedia presentations. Colloquia are organized outside the university and meetings with specialists in related fields, for information on specific programs, technological flows needed to be taken into account in the project economy but also on teamwork issues related to the specifics of the future profession.
In the workshop, each student continuously benefits from individual and panel correction in the successive stages of the project.
Of particular importance there are considered to be the individual research, site visits, market research of profile products, sketches, examples, preparation and deepening the bibliography.
Individual presentation of the project in front of the committee and colleagues in conjunction with the activity and attendance at the workshop. Presence and activity along the way + Final evaluation of the pieces required through each theme. Individual support of the project with grading by the jury.
ARNHEIM, Rudolf – Art and Visual Perception: a Psychology of the Creative eye - the new version , University of California Press, Berkeley and Los Angeles, California, 1997
ARNHEIM, Rudolf – Forța centrului vizual: Un Studiu al Compoziției în Artele Vizuale, Polirom, Iași, 2012
AYNRONINO, Aldo + MOSCO, Valerio Paolo, Contemporary Public Space, Un – volumetric Architecte, Skira 2006
CONSTANTIN, Paul – Mică enciclopedie de arhitectură, arte decorative și aplicate moderne, Editura Științifică și Pedagogică, București, 1977
DEPLAZES, Andrea (Ed.), Constructing Architecture: Materials, Processes, Structures. A Handbook; Birkhäuser, 2005
EDWARDS, Clive – Interiors Sourcebook;
LĂZĂRESCU, Cezar- Construcții Hoteliere, 1971;
LĂZĂRESCU, Cezar- Arhitectura construcțiilor turistice moderne din România;
LINDSTROM, Martin – Buyology, Editura Publica, București, 2011
MOLDOVANU, Mihai – Designul Interior al Spațiului Comercial – teză de doctorat UAUIM, București, 2012
NEUFERT, Ernst – Manualul Arhitectului, Editura Alutus, 2004
ZEVI, Bruno – Cum să înțelegem arhitectura, 1969.
Architectural review, a+u, detail,
L’architecture d’aujourd’hui, techniques & architecture;