The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
IT-13 | Concept - Language – Discourse
Department: History & Theory of Architecture and Heritage Conservation
- Course Leaders:
- prof.dr.arg. Augustin Ioan (I4)
- prof.dr.arh. Augustin Ioan (D4, A4)
- Learning outcomes:
- Architectural concepts coming to architecture (both theory and practice of built space) from contemporary philosophy.
- The origin(s) of architecture: confronting hypothesis coming from philosophy vs history of architecture. "Darwinism" vs archetypal becoming.
Space and place: definitions, the evolution of the concepts.
Khora from Plato to Derrida. Chora L Works (P.Eisenman and J.Derrida).
Public place. The reciprocal visibility in public places. Architecture as staging.
Private space. Is private space the opposite of public place?
Sacred space. From religious architecture to the architecture of memory.
Space and architectural concepts coming from philosophy: panoptikon, smooth space, rhyzome, junk space, parergon, co-presence
After deconstructivism: complexity, VR, VH, cyberspace, augmented reality, glocalism.
- Teaching Method:
- Teaching with images. Commentaries of relevant texts. Presentations by students.
- Final exam.
- Bachelard: Poetica spatiului
Cache: Furnishing of Territories
Deleuze: Diferenta si repetitie
Deleuze/Guattari: O mie de platouri
Derrida: Khora, Chora L Works (cu P.Eisenman), Adevarul in pictura
Heidegger: Originea operei de arta
Jameson: “Is space political”?, Capitalism and Late-Capitalism
Journal of Philosophy and the Visual Arts: Complexity
Kessler-Ioan: Ars Una? Contemporary Romanian Art and Architecture
Leach: Rethinking Architecture, Architecture and Revolution, Anestetica arhitecturii
De Sola-Morales: Differences: Topographies of Contemporary Architecture