The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
SFA-47 | Mechanisms and Devices
Department: Study of Form and Ambience
- Course Leader:
- prof.dr.ing. Gheorghe Mladin
- Learning outcomes:
- Assimilation of basic notions and development of an ordered, innovator manner of thinking, concerning the selection, use and development of some devices and mechanisms as simple as possible, used in the activity of projection and execution carried out by architects and designers.
PART 1. SIMPLE DEVICES
Simple devices – Levers and pulleys
Simple devices – Devices with nut and sloped plan
PART 2. COMPLEX MECHANISMS
General notions about mechanisms – definitions, classifications, structure
Mechanisms with levers - Usual constructive forms of mechanisms with levers used in practice.
Mechanisms with pulleys – Mechanisms for amplification and transformation of movement.
Mechanisms with levers – Guiding mechanisms; Mechanisms with levers for the transmission of a power flow.
Mechanisms with wheels - Mechanisms with wheels used in practice: Mechanisms of rolling with wheels.
Mechanisms with wheels - Mechanisms with power wheels.
Mechanisms with wheels - Mechanisms with wheels of order, surveillance, reading.
Mechanisms with jaw – Examples of use of the mechanisms with jaw.
Mechanisms with shaped elements, levers and wheels: Mechanisms of order and intermittent action.
Mechanisms with shaped elements, levers and wheels: Blocking mechanisms.
Relation FUNCTION – FORM. Relation function – form (seen as relation designing engineer - designer); Manners of definition of the forms of mechanisms, machines; Influence of the technology of execution over the form; Ergonomics of „form”; Influence of typification and standardization over the aspect of the machine, device, mechanism, etc.
Relation FUNCTION – FORM. Projection of the form on the products of industrial nature (transport, electrics, objects of wide consume, packages); Professional ethics in designing the form.
- Teaching Method:
- The courses including theoretical lectures followed by concrete examples of mechanisms and devices used in the industry of construction, architecture, industry of the goods of wide consume etc. Also, for each class of mechanisms the students shall perform a function pattern (totally five patterns).
- The semester exam, written with theoretical and applicative content, the final grade representing the average grade between the exam grade (40 %), the average of the grades obtained on verifications (40 %) and the grade for active presence in the course (20%).
- - Mechanisms and devices, Gheorghe MLADIN – Course notes;
- Mechanisms of fine mechanics, Traian Demian, EDP,Bucharest,1982;
- Machine organs, Gheorghe Manea, Ed, Tehnică, Bucharest, 1970
- For each class of mechanisms the students shall perform a functional pattern.