The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
SFA-12 | Furniture - Technology
Department: Study of Form and Ambience
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh. Cristina Șerban
- Learning outcomes:
- The study of furniture objects in balance with material and construction technology.
1. Introduction in the field of furniture. Definition of the expression pointer.
2. Materials used in the construction of furniture pieces.
3. The processing methods of the materials used in the construction of furniture pieces. Bending and moulding.
4. Body parts of the furniture piece. Joints.
5. Fixed ensembles.
6. Detachable ensembles.
7. Furniture brush-up.
8. Relationship between the user and the furniture piece. Groups of furniture pieces. Furniture for storage.
9. Furniture for activities.
10. Tapestried furniture.
11. Furniture for sitting – chair without backrest, simple chair, chair with armrest.
12. Furniture for sitting – armchair, couch
13. Furniture for resting.
14. Design of furniture pieces. Design of chair. Relationship between the furniture piece and the interior.
1. Drawing in double orthogonal projection and perspective of three furniture pieces built with different materials.
2. Drawing of two furniture pieces built with the bending and moulding methods and constructing a furniture piece from a detachable ensemble.
3. Drawing of two furniture pieces that have plane decorations and relief decorations.
4. Drawings and technological commentaries on furniture pieces for storage.
5. Drawings and technological commentaries of furniture pieces for activities.
6. Drawings and commentaries on some furniture pieces that are tapestried in different historical periods. Drawings and technological solutions for pieces for resting.
7. Discution on pieces for sitting. Schetches and details for the “chair” project, which is designed at 1:1 scale and with which the student will come at the exam.
- Teaching Method:
- Ex-catedra course
- - Intermediate quiz: 10%
- Seminaries: 30%
- Final Exam: 60%
- Books: “Manualul arhitectului” – prof. E Neufert; “Proiectarea produselor si arhitectura interioarelor” – Cotta Nicolae Leonida; “Tehnologii moderne de fabricare a mobilei” – I.P. Florescu & D. Nicoara; “Mobila fina” – G. Rigler & Gh. Retea; “Arhitectura de interior si constructia mobilierului” – Focsa Paul & Constantinescu Horia; “Chairs” – Patricia Bueno;
Interior design: John F. Pile, Mackintosh, Le Corbusier, Marcel Breuer, Alvaro Aalto
Magasines: “H’afele, Decoration, Domus, Maison Francaise, Plesir de la maison, Elle décor, A.D., Hogares, Das Haus.