The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
PID-18 | Design Studio (7)
Department: Interior Design and Design
- Course Leader:
- Daniel Dumitrescu
- Teaching Staff:
- Drd.dsg. Irina Alexandru
- Learning outcomes:
- • Understanding the relation between design and marketing with an accent on the public-audience concept;
• Apropriating the target-audience characteristics as an input data in a design project;
• Identifying the specific problems related to the target-audience;
• Solving the problem of positioning the product to be designed at the level of the target audience;
• Understanding the problem area of a “different expression for different consummers” and solving the problems specific to the market segmentation
• Solving an adequate promotion, regardless any personal position, considering only the target audience specifics;
• Apropriating the specific problems related to such promotion, specifically an outdoor urban promotion.
- The teaching system is based upon sensing, testing and positioning the designer s inner attitude compared with the one of the focus group (target audience), understand the problems related to the group and designing the product as the group needs.
1. Problem solving – different expressions of the product for different consummer groups.
2. Graphic design: Marketing, target audience. Outdoor promotion.
3. One-day project (Problem soving – glass table lamp solution lies within the material characteristics).
- Teaching Method:
- -theoretical lectures (with illustration) by the teaching staff or guests delivered to the entire year of study or to the studio groups.
- discussions, permanent guidance through the described projects ;
-Correction of each student’s work or with the whole group;
- case analysis
- Student’s defense of the project for which the jury will give a grade.
- Kotler Philip, Marketing Management, Ed. Teora 2008 Ch. 5-14
Barbu Vasile, Pestesi Constantin, Chivu, Ioan – Confecții metalice ușoare Ed Tehnică 1995 Cap. 3 – panotaj exterior