The Faculty of Interior Architecture / Product Design
SFA-84 | Geometric Representations
Compulsory Course | Hours/Week: 2C+1L | ECTS Credits: 3
Department: Study of Form and Ambience
- Course Leader:
- conf.dr.arh. Doina Niculae
- Teaching Staff:
- asist. dr. arh. Sorana Untanu, asist. arh. Valeria Potenchi, prep. arh. Ioana Avram
- Learning outcomes:
- The course provides students with the necessary formative elements for spatial perception training, as well as key information for creating architectural representations. There have been selected from classical descriptive geometry only those elements that are able to develop the architect's spatial thinking.
1. Projection systems. Classification, definition, properties. Geometric transformations.
2. Point and straight line. Representations, projections, traces. Special straight lines.
3. The plane. Representations, traces, intersection of planes. Special planes.
4. Methods of descriptive geometry. Chage of projection planes.
5. Methods of descriptive geometry. Rotation.
6. Methods of descriptive geometry. Rebatting.
7. Shadows construction in axonometric projection.
8. Shadows construction in double orthogonal projection.
9. Axonometry. Definition, classifications.
10. Irregular polyhedrons. Representation, visibility, unfolding.
11. Intersections of irregular polyhedrons. The general method, explained in axonometry.
12. Intersections of irregular polyhedrons. The general method, explained in double orthogonal projection.
13. Regular polyhedrons. Relation between the regular polyhedrons and cube.
14. Circle and sphere.
1. Geometric transformations - homology and affinity. Representation of point .
2. Straight lines and planes. Condition for a straight line to blong to a plane.
3. Representation of plane. Intersections of planes.
4. Chage of projection planes.
5. Shadows construction in axonometric projection.
6. Shadows construction in double orthogonal projection.
7. Intersections of irregular polyhedrons.
- Teaching Method:
- Lectures and computer examples, practical works with guidance.
- Average of practical works (40%) + final exam (60%)
- Mircea Enache şi Iulius Ionescu - Geometrie descriptivă şi perspectivă.
Doina Niculae – Noţiuni de geometrie descriptivă în reprezentările de arhitectură
Aurelian Tănăsescu – Geometrie descriptivă, perspectivă, axonometrie.
Adrian Gheorghiu – Geometria poliedrelor şi a reţelelor.
- A test whose aim is to verify students knowledge about theoretical concepts taught at courses is also a part of the final exam. This theoretical test can increase (if the answers are good) or decrease (if the answers are not good) the exam mark with one point.